Issue Nine of Ukulele Player Magazine is online

Pippin

Reaction score
Issue Nine is online now. We are giving away a Kala Tenor Travel Uke in this issue.

Check out the spotlight, Steven Sproat, and UU's very on member "thejumpingflea" a.k.a Matt Dahlberg as the Up & Coming Artist.

Rick Turner shares a lot of good information about Compass Rose Ukes. Thanks Rick, great stuff.

Brittni Paiva's new CD is fantastic and we review it this issue. Jake's new EP is reviewed as well. We also tell the story behind the project.

Enjoy.

Mahalo Pippin, great job once again! :shaka:

Thanks! Wow, you must be up late (or early). Hope you enjoy the review of the Ohana pineapple. It really sounds great. For the money, I do think that it is the best deal going in a solid-wood pineapple.

Thanks, Pippin. :cool:

thanks mate, great read really enjoy reading your articles

Loved reading this issue. Great to read about thejumpingflea. I've enjoyed his music on youtube and it was nice to find out about his background.

Loved reading this issue. Great to read about thejumpingflea. I've enjoyed his music on youtube and it was nice to find out about his background.

Matt is a good musician and I would not be surprised at all to see him playing on tour some day.

I am so humbled and honored to be in an article! It has really meant so much to me.

Thanks so much to Pippin for such a wonderful opportunity.

Some awesome uke reviews in this one as usual. Thanks for making this mag, I have read each one and will continue to enjoy them!

Great magazine, I just read the new one cover to cover (so to speak), and will definitely be checking out the rest when I get time. The profile of Jumping Flea was really cool.

Jumping Flea, man, your cover of Thriller was fierce.

Also: me want Ohana pineapple.

I love the mag, too, and have been an avid reader.

That said: I'd love to see print versions! I know it's a free magazine- but I would totally pay some money to get a copy delivered to my door. (I hates reading things off of a computer screen...)

Thanks! Wow, you must be up late (or early). Hope you enjoy the review of the Ohana pineapple. It really sounds great. For the money, I do think that it is the best deal going in a solid-wood pineapple.

Nah, was only 11:26 pm Hawai'i time. Excellent write up on the Ohana pineapple by the way, thanks! (I think). :D

Matt is a good musician and I would not be surprised at all to see him playing on tour some day.

I absolutely believe this will happen.

Thanks for all the effort you put into the magazine Pippin. So much good info in each issue.

That article with Steve Boisen was awesome! We incorporate a bass player into our kanikapila, too. Ric

Thanks Ric, I hope others try the same thing. And thanks to you Pippin for including my contibution and for creating a special magazine for us uke fans.

- Steve

Is there a way to enter for the ukulele without setting up outlook? I really don't like outlook :rolleyes:

-UM :shaka:

Hey Mickey, I just read the short piece entitled "Song Sharks". I have been approached by several of these scam artists via myspace and even by direct e-mail. :mad: Thank you for including this info in your magazine. Hopefully it will help prevent some folks from being swindled.

- Steve

Hey Mickey, I just read the short piece entitled "Song Sharks". I have been approached by several of these scam artists via myspace and even by direct e-mail. :mad: Thank you for including this info in your magazine. Hopefully it will help prevent some folks from being swindled.

- Steve

Thanks for your comments, Steve. Years ago, the swindlers used to send "offers" via snail-mail. Now, it is all done by e-mail and you are right, most of them comb through the Facebook, MySpace, and YouTube accounts looking for musicians to scam. It's a shame. It should be illegal, unfortunately lots of people lose money on those "deals".

I love the mag, too, and have been an avid reader.

That said: I'd love to see print versions! I know it's a free magazine- but I would totally pay some money to get a copy delivered to my door. (I hates reading things off of a computer screen...)

:agree::agree:

I'm with you, Valerie! I've been printing each issue out on my computer printer, which I'm sure costs more than a published magazine. And my printer won't do front and back. :mad:

I like to take it with me....

Top Bottom