• Fremont Black Line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

reapefer

Reaction score
Hello everybody !

I got an Eleuke (old model) and I can't find good strings for it :( I recently try worth brown (too much vibration when I plugged it into my soundboard) and now I got hilo strings (I don't really love the sounds of hilo). I also tested aquilas but I don't remember how it was and I didn't try them while plugged in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3iGkkrGLz4 here is a try with hilo strings and some effects (I'm a noob ! Don't laugh :eek:)

What strings do you recommand with an Eleuke

I'll put a poll with strings I can easily find but if I forgot some good choices feel free to post a reply please !

Thank you for reading :D

Last edited:
i would like to know, also. but i picked aquila

Well I used to have a Risa Electric uke, and Aquilas worked better on them than the black flurocarbon strings they came with.

I think it may be worth giving Aquilas a go.

Interestingly, I'm actually waiting for an Eleuke to arrive in the mail (should come in a few days). I was wondering the same thing about what strings to put on it.
I believe they come with black GHS.

If I don't like them, I'll be switching to Aquila.

(I got this one!
http://eleuke.com/product/026.html )

Yes I remember now, I receive it with GHS :uhoh: I change them 15 minutes after receiving it.

I notice that in France, two majors sellers of Eleuke on the net, put aquila on it ! I'll give them a second try !

I agree, GHS don't work on Eleuke, or just about anything else. I play Hilos every day on my eleuke, but I don't amplify cause my eleuke is my home practice uke. I have to say I love the unamplified sound of hilos. Loud enough for me to practice without getting into beefs with the neighbors. I've tried aquilas on my Pono and wasn't all that impressed except for the first week. After that, they just bothered me cause of the constant retuning necessary.

Rich and I have Aquilas on our Bugsgear eleukes (1 concert, 1 tenor).

I have Worth Clears on my Risa Solid Soprano. But that's mainly because I had the Worths and I didn't like them on my other ukes...

How do the Aquilas sound on the Eleuke? Good?

I think my Eleuke's arriving tomoro :D
Tracking says its out of customs :drool:

Hehe my Eleuke came just now :D
And I'm absolutely loving it!!!

I think they come with Hilo's now instead of GHS, and they work well.
Sound mellow and balanced, even with distortion effects added, which is good.

The action feels a bit high, which I'll adjust next time I change strings.
Still very playable.

eleuke1.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats for your Eleuke ! I hope you'll have lots of fun playing it :)

Wow, that's a gorgeous uke! Have fun with it!

Right now I have aquilas and a wound string, they sound good. I've tried using a low G worth brown string instead of the wound string, but I have to say for the eleuke, I prefer the wound string for the low G. Now, of course, it's a matter of finding a place where they'd sell single wound concert strings.

Top Bottom