Member Video of the Week - A sincere thanks

boundless

Reaction score
I really just wanted to say thanks for choosing me as MVOW. I really make it a big deal. :)

I'm fairly new to the Uke (since May), but like a lot of you, this instrument has truly made a huge impact on my life in general.

A few of you know that I'm what is most easily categorized as the personal development field and the breakthoughs I've personally experienced as a result of devoting time to the uke are nothing less than profound, and I sense that's true for a lot of people.

Historically I've been a keyboard player, writing mostly "soundtrack-like" stuff. Last year I got more serious about the guitar and had spent a lot of time trying to improve with that.

On a whim, I purchased 2 soprano Applause ukes for my wife's birthday in May, and I was an instant addict, upgrading to a Kala concert only a couple of months later (if that long) and then last week to the Acacia Tenor in the video.

One of the biggest breakthroughs I've experienced is in the area of singing - something I NEVER did, as I in no way consider myself a singer. It floors me to read comments about my singing, but it's also extremely encouraging and makes me want to broaden my horizons in that area too.

Although I've known about Ukulele Underground since the recent Uke gathering here in Atlanta, I didn't really get too involved until a few weeks ago, and - like the uke itself - I'm getting fairly addicted to it. It's just such a welcoming community (but of course - it's made up of Uke players!), and gives all of us newcomers a "safe" place to express ourselves as we learn and develop our playing.

So it really does mean a lot to be recognized in this way, and the comments are so appreciated and humbling.

By the way, I DID actually place the order for 50 Makala Dolphin Ukes to use in a workshop setting to help people create breakthroughs in self-expression and to just generally "get over themselves". If it worked for me, it can work for anyone.

Thanks again!

Bob

nice one guy
I've ben playing uke for about three years now and nothing else. and it's a beautiful addiction.
your singing is great

Congrats! Much deserved.

Congratulations, very well deserved. I can't belive you never used to sing:eek: That is some voice you've got there, amazing.:bowdown:

Congrats! And keep those videos coming....

Top Bottom