PDA

View Full Version : UU Idol - Whose Playing Do You Admire?

Tsani
11-03-2009, 05:18 AM
Do you have a UU idol? A member whose playing you particularly admire?

Let me make the following exceptions for people who are going to be admired by nearly everybody.

1. Don't say Jake. Everybody wants to be like Jake. He's a LEGEND.
2. Don't say Aldrine. Aldrine is more or less our collective sensei.

The person you name should be somebody that posts on UU. I am not exempting moderators - but let's not turn this into a kiss-up contest.

Here are mine -

1. I am becoming a huge fan of Craig Brandau. His sensitive jazz inspired interpretations of standards like "Shadow of Your Smile" and "Tenderly" knock my socks off. I will never be that good.
2. Rob MacKillop - Rob's rendering of lute and classical guitar pieces for the ukulele really fire me up to play better. I love the material he chooses. I hope someday I will have a repertoire of classical and renaissance pieces that I can play.
3. Jamie Holding - I owe Jamie a debt for tabbing a variety of classical pieces for uke. This the material that I work on for practice - along with some sacred music that I am working out on my own.

I know Julia Nunes posts here sometimes. I very much enjoy everything she does - although she falls into the category of professional musician these days and so does not really inhabit the same world as the rest of us amateurs. I would say that I have such a huge crush on her, but I am old and married so - the less said the better. :drool:

I also admire DeG - but he knows that. ;)

haolejohn
11-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Great Idea Tsani.

I admire many on here but I'll give a small list:

1. DeG
2. Seeso
3. mrUketober
4. JT Ukes
5. Lisaxy424
6. Capn Lovehandles
7. Specialmike

These are in no paticular order and there are a lot more so if I forgot you I am sorry it wasn't intinially.

Ahnko Honu
11-03-2009, 05:48 AM
AnnaUK she's my rockin' Smurfette! :love::shaka:
Ken Middleton: My English gentleman uncle in the UK
RussBuss: He rocks Neil Young covers.
deach: He looks great in pink

keithy351
11-03-2009, 06:07 AM
my favourite is seeso ive been watching him from his first few videos,

then a started stalking him and secretly filming him from afar and never looked back... so far ive collected few hair samples too

Ronnie Aloha
11-03-2009, 06:15 AM
I enjoy watching:

GX9901
thejumpingflea
Ken Middleton

I also enjoy all the others already mentioned but I just added on...

UKISOCIETY
11-03-2009, 06:22 AM
I admire Deach's playing because he has discovered the perfect playing style to match his vocals. It's unique. I don't think I could copy it.

I think that I'm still looking for my ukulele "voice".

UKISOCIETY
11-03-2009, 06:23 AM
my favourite is seeso ive been watching him from his first few videos,

then a started stalking him and secretly filming him from afar and never looked back... so far ive collected few hair samples too

Heck, you should have just called me. Want some of his spittle?

;)

keithy351
11-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Heck, you should have just called me. Want some of his spittle?

;)

i will trade you for some for one of his toothbrushes

freedive135
11-03-2009, 06:34 AM
As a player that doesn't post any vid's I have to say I admire anyone that is willing to put them selves out there for the world to see!!!!

It is hard to pick just one person... everyone here plays with a different style/flavor...That is like picking one jelly!!!!

seeso
11-03-2009, 06:39 AM
In no particular order, these players melt my face:

thejumpingflea
Dominator
facemeltingukulele

UKISOCIETY
11-03-2009, 06:43 AM
In no particular order, these players melt my face:

thejumpingflea
Dominator
facemeltingukulele

thejumpingflea should be packing for Australia, if there was any justice.:(

ukecoolness
11-03-2009, 07:09 AM
So I've been lurking on this forums for a month or so, but this thread inspired me to make my first post, mostly because I was (pleasantly) surprised when I found out that a bunch of my "youtube idols" are members here.

So in no particular order:

Seeso
BaronK69
The Re-entrants
Julia Nunes
Danielle Ate The Sandwich
W64
AcousticMonster
casetone2514
KenMiddletonUkulele
Aldrine (I know he's hors concours, but I still mentioned him. I'm a rebel)

So I would like to thanks this guys and gals for inspiring me to pick up a ukulele, wich will happen (hopefully) soon.

UKISOCIETY
11-03-2009, 07:22 AM
So I've been lurking on this forums for a month or so, but this thread inspired me to make my first post, mostly because I was (pleasantly) surprised when I found out that a bunch of my "youtube idols" are members here.

So in no particular order:

Seeso
BaronK69
The Re-entrants
Julia Nunes
Danielle Ate The Sandwich
W64
AcousticMonster
casetone2514
KenMiddletonUkulele
Aldrine (I know he's hors concours, but I still mentioned him. I'm a rebel)

So I would like to thanks this guys and gals for inspiring me to pick up a ukulele, wich will happen (hopefully) soon.

Hey, welcome officially to UU! Remember to abide by "Rule 2"!:rulez:

Tsani
11-03-2009, 07:41 AM
I agree with a lot of the picks mentioned here - especially seeso's list. Dominator and facemeltingukulele almost go without saying and I was tempted to exempt them since almost everybody might list them, BUT a lot of other people are being mentioned too - so go ahead.

I would say this to Dominator and facemeltingukulele - anybody that plays much has got to admire your stuff.

And UKISOCIETY - you are on my list too. Your originality and sense of humor keep me smiling. :)

I cannot omit Ken Middleton. Ken's skill, his generosity, and his rendering of sacred music - including original works - is an inspiration to me.

ukecoolness
11-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Hey, welcome officially to UU! Remember to abide by "Rule 2"!:rulez:

Thanks for the welcome UKISOCIETY.

I mentioned that Aldrine is Hors Concours in a sense that he's in a league of his own, so it's more of a praise to his skills and less of a jab to the other equally talented people on that list.

I'm assuming you were serious and rule number 2 is "no artist bashing", if you were joking please ignore this post.

I don't want to start off on the wrong foot here

:(

hoosierhiver
11-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Seeing a new Krabbers vid always makes my day.

UKISOCIETY
11-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the welcome UKISOCIETY.

I mentioned that Aldrine is Hors Concours in a sense that he's in a league of his own, so it's more of a praise to his skills and less of a jab to the other equally talented people on that list.

I'm assuming you were serious and rule number 2 is "no artist bashing", if you were joking please ignore this post.

I don't to start off on the wrong foot here

:(

Actually I forget what Rule 2 is. I know Rule 1 - Don't talk about Fight Club.
Was Rule 2 "pics, or it didn't happen" ?

HoldinCoffee
11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Actually I forget what Rule 2 is. I know Rule 1 - Don't talk about Fight Club.
Was Rule 2 "pics, or it didn't happen" ?

Isn't Rule 2 in relation to UAS?...: "One possesses the ukulele, the other two crave it." ?

Ukulele Idols? geeze, a lot of good ones mentioned already. OH! Taimane Gardner!!

Wait, she's not a member. Too bad.

JCMcGee
11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
James Hill - Just for his innovation
Max The Ukulele Punk Rocker - He's mad & I love a bit of mad*!

I'm very bored of seeing the ukulele used for playing covers...I'd much rather see a mediocre original song than yet another note perfect cover
(and don't get me started on re-verb!)
I think it's the only way forward for the ukulele as an instrument rather than "that funny little toy he plays the Beatles song on"...I want to see people making the ukulele part of themselves.
Saying that...Max's version of "Debaser" is still one of the best things out there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sycwq_nBmfs

WOODSHED from Uke Hunt is also great and never gets enough credit both for the sterling work he does and for his playing.
His Uke-a-billy is ace-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlgM0MpczkU
And I'm amazed by his James Bond Theme:
http://ukulelehunt.com/2008/10/26/james-bond-theme/

Another man who never gets Credit is James Ward:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2DtqUanQns

*"mad & "zany" are not the same thing!!

HoldinCoffee
11-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Ok, I just thought of one, that Irish guy with the Chuck Taylor sneakers! :rock:

Ken Middleton
11-03-2009, 08:24 AM
James Hill - Just for his innovation ...

I absolutely agree about James Hill. He is a terrific entertainer and is right there at the top with a few others. I'll go further though. In terms of technical skill and precision, I think he is way out in front.

Ahnko Honu
11-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I thought we were talking active UU members who are "salt-of-the-earth" working class people, not professional musicians. :confused:

spazus_maximus
11-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Ken Middleton....for spreading bluegrass & celtic Uke tunes...
Hoosierhiver.....Cause he drink's PBR's & Would fit nicely in my yard...
AdelleTheGreat....well duh...she's covering the heck outta dead tunes!

But my favorites are the folks who cant play a lick....For it's the journey which i find so enjoyable...not the destination!

RevWill
11-03-2009, 08:51 AM
I am a sucker for, and an imitator of, the understated elegance of Ken Middleton's playing.

Seeso is an incredible arranger. Krabbers is an excellent songwriter. I love Howlin' Hobbit's jazzy comping, WS64's mind-boggling Beatles arrangements, and Craig Robertson is a perpetual fave. And Lisaxy's "Meet Me at Menard's" song is more clever than anything Julia Nunes has done - and I love Julia.

Truth is, though, that I admire so many here that it's impossible to name you all. I have tremendous admiration for the absolute beginners who have the courage to upload their playing to YouTube so we can see their growth.

ukecantdothat
11-03-2009, 08:53 AM
*AnnaUK!!!*

LonnaB
11-03-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm following that post up with a bit of a repeat.

Ken, he's just incredible.

Adelle, she's great on those covers but her originals blow me away. (Happy Birthday, Adelle!)

Hoosierhiver's King Bee is one of my all time favorites.

Boozelele has been knocking my socks off recently.

RussBuss nails everything he does.

Grumpy is not only an awesome uker, but a darn nice guy on top of it.

Doogey9, I love his stuff, especially those homemade instruments.

Lisaxy424 and ukulelezo sing so well it's unbelievable.

I think Woodeshed posts here sometimes. Every time he puts out another video my chin hits the floor. Al knows what he's doing!

And, of course, seeso. How could I not mention him?

Who doesn't love Deach?

There are so many more I should mention, short on time.

austin1
11-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Isn't Rule 2 in relation to UAS?...: "One possesses the ukulele, the other two crave it." ?

Rule 2 is beware of bathrooms :D Zombieland? Anyone anyone?

I'm a big admirer of seeso, facemeltingukulele, ws64, and loads and loads of other people, I'm a really envious of beginners like me who can put themselves out there :) like countrymouse, she's awesome. one day, maybe I will be that courageous!

AnnaUK
11-03-2009, 09:12 AM
There are so many great players on here. All of whom have inspired me to try and improve all the time.

RussBuss was one of the first YouTube channels I came across, and showed me how awesome the uke can be as an instrument. So mahalo Russ :)

I've loved all of Sebi's latest offerings. His multitrack work is phenomenal. (I've also got my eye on his bass work and aspire to learn some tricks.) :D

There's SO many others, all mentioned above. This is why I love UU :love:

JCMcGee
11-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Ha...I didn't think this place was for people who played!!

I thought it was just for people to boast about the new ukulele they had bought & post pictures of their collections!!!

.....JOKING...honest...I'm joking!!!

Zaza The Rebel
11-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Ukulelezo is definitely one of my favorite people here.

I love JTUkes's Spongebob uke (even though normally I can't stand Spongebob, go figure!).

I don't know if Wade Johnston still comes around, but his tunes are snappy and his covers are excellent. And he lives in Cincinnati...always a plus! :D

Rainhill
11-03-2009, 10:22 AM
As a player that doesn't post any vid's I have to say I admire anyone that is willing to put them selves out there for the world to see!!!!

It is hard to pick just one person... everyone here plays with a different style/flavor...That is like picking one jelly!!!!

+1 - there are however a few people who I would say inspired me more than others:

RussBuss - just great covers, what can I say
MCTRMNT - as much for her playing as for her general 'style', singing etc
SamWise - I just really like his vids - and he has a playing style that I just want to copy
UKISOCIETY - plays with such enthusiasm, its contagious to me

Sorry if these arent prominent players or regular faces here - they just made a difference to me :)

thejumpingflea
11-03-2009, 10:27 AM
My idols are a nearly endless list, but here are a few:

Dominator: Man, talk about a mentor! I've learned SOO much from watching him play with such precision

Seeso: Bro, you rock my socks off. Every time you make a new video I get giddy with excitement.

Russbuss: Every song I have heard you cover, you've not only nailed, but given your own unique flavor to.

GX9901: I've learned a ton from you. Every instrumental video you've posted has been just plain awesome. I wouldn't be playing the songs I am right now if I didn't see the videos of you playing them.

Ukisociety: Plastic. Need I say more? ;) Awesome videos.

Spooner: Spooner Radio is one of the coolest things around. If I am down and depressed I just have to flick that on and suddenly I am as happy as an islander sipping a margarita.

Ukulele JJ: Dude, I have learned so much from your posts!!! Theory wise you are the man. Not only do you know how it all works, you can execute it like no other. Your videos are all just plain awesome.

Ken Middleton: Clean, soothing, effortless, flawless, there are so many words here to describe your playing. Thank you for all the great videos, they are truly inspirational and a real treat for the ears.

Uluapounder: Strings! I'd be lost in the world of strings without you! And some great videos as well, that real Hawaiian style voice.

Moore Bettah Ukes: Seeing your work posted is like a kid looking into a candy store window. Oh, and your constant helping people in the Luthier section is pretty friggin awesome too. ;)

There are just SOOO many. There are too many to name. UU has been such a wonderful influence and so many people here have made my love for the uke grow.

Awesome thread idea. :D

DeG
11-03-2009, 11:12 AM
As of right now, there are 17,572 ukulele players that I admire.:D

WS64
11-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Another man who never gets Credit is James Ward:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2DtqUanQns

Not sure if James posts here (or on ANY of the other boards), but I agree that he deserves WAY more attention than he gets.
I learned LOADS of his videos.

If you don't know hime, go to his YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/wardsoft) and play some (any!) of his videos. And if you do know him, go there anyway!
I just wish he would immediately start playing and not talking long stories at the beginning of his videos!

existence
11-03-2009, 11:29 AM
I wasn't aware that Julia Nunes was a UUer. Very cool. I could watch her vids all day; her enthusiasm is infectious.

I'm still too new to be thoroughly familiar with different members and their playing styles, but I will say that Jumping Flea's cover of Thriller was just great, very inspiring. I love that tune, and his arrangement and performance were top notch.

haolejohn
11-03-2009, 11:32 AM

This might be the best answer.

CoLmes
11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Watchmeuke - Hands down the best hip hop uke player out there. He figures his songs by ear and puts his own little flavor in them.

John Irving - I found him when he was starting out on the Uke and watched him progress like crazy. Finding himself in bands and other sweet opportunities. Very impressive player and Comic.

MrUkeTober - If there was a most improved player award it would be to Nic. He learns and catches on so fast and you can tell he has music in his blood and rhythm to go along with it.

Lisa - One of the greats voice wise and a great person. She does amazing covers and has awesome originals.

All of the UCB Gang. - They all have their own flavor and style, the "Bad Boys" (and Girl) of the Uke. I love their blog and their channels.

Ken - The only one of his kind, he can make you feel poetry and hear a story.

Dominator - His name is just what he does to songs. Precision is his gift and he nails every tune he plays.

Grappler - Holy shitake mushrooms. This guy can play, I only wish he had more videos up to watch.

Aly (TreeHugger) - GREAT voice, very unique. In her beginning stages, I think when she gets her hours in that she def. could be a force. Her voice OMG

Seeso - Of course your on here. I can't begin to start to say how much I learned and how much he has helped Brit and I. His style is one of a kind, his voice is that of a ninja/angel and his playing style is simply effective. A guy that can make music for anything. AWESOME arranger and above all great person. Can't wait to meet you one day man.

I'm sure I'll update this a few times but theres just sooo many.

Added on After Thinking Harder
----------------------------------
Andy Hill (UkuleleHill) - Margaritaville and the Beatles come to mind everytime I think of this guy. A classic moment, when we were in the UU Mini Jam and we dedicated a round to dirty songs, the dirtiest Andy would go was "Kiss Me" hahah I love this guy!

Alex (BornagainJeeper) - A gifted person. Great player and def. has a style of his own. A funny guy and fun person to talk to.

JumpingFlea- A great Technician. Loves the flare and simplicity all at the same time. And seems to have double jointed elbows and shoulders.

haolejohn
11-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Watchmeuke - Hands down the best hip hop uke player out there. He figures his songs by ear and puts his own little flavor in them.

John Irving - I found him when he was starting out on the Uke and watched him progress like crazy. Finding himself in bands and other sweet opportunities. Very impressive player and Comic.

MrUkeTober - If there was a most improved player award it would be to Nic. He learns and catches on so fast and you can tell he has music in his blood and rhythm to go along with it.

Lisa - One of the greats voice wise and a great person. She does amazing covers and has awesome originals.

All of the UCB Gang. - They all have their own flavor and style, the "Bad Boys (and Girl) of the Uke. I love their blog and their channels.

Ken - The only one of his kind, he can make you feel poetry and hear a story.

Dominator - His name is just what he does to songs. Precision is his gift and he nails every tune he plays.

Grappler - Holy shitake mushrooms. This guy can play, I only wish he had more videos up to watch.

Aly (TreeHugger) - GREAT voice, very unique. In her beginning stages, I think when she gets her hours in that she def. could be a force. Her voice OMG

Seeso - Of course your on here. I can't begin to start to say how much I learned and how much he has helped Brit and I. His style is one of a kind, his voice is that of a ninja/angel and his playing style is simply effective. A guy that can make music for anything. AWESOME arranger and above all great person. Can't wait to meet you one day man.

I'm sure I'll update this a few times but theres just sooo many.

You rock as well. I enjjoyed hearing your improvision the other night on a minijam.

bt93
11-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Seeso, thejumpingflea, and Krabbers are my top 3

Playscool39
11-03-2009, 12:35 PM

:agree: and I hope I didn't leave anybody out

mailman
11-03-2009, 12:43 PM
1. I am becoming a huge fan of Craig Brandau. His sensitive jazz inspired interpretations of standards like "Shadow of Your Smile" and "Tenderly" knock my socks off. I will never be that good.
2. Rob MacKillop - Rob's rendering of lute and classical guitar pieces for the ukulele really fire me up to play better. I love the material he chooses. I hope someday I will have a repertoire of classical and renaissance pieces that I can play.
3. Jamie Holding - I owe Jamie a debt for tabbing a variety of classical pieces for uke. This the material that I work on for practice - along with some sacred music that I am working out on my own.

What do these folks go by on UU? I wouldn't know people by their real names, necessarily....

ukeskywalker79
11-03-2009, 12:48 PM
W64 and Ken Middleton

CoLmes
11-03-2009, 01:15 PM
You rock as well. I enjjoyed hearing your improvision the other night on a minijam.

Thanks man!

I didn't know anyone was watching. You talking about Tokbox? Thats awesome!

pamelamama
11-03-2009, 02:16 PM
I wish there were more LINKS in this thread!!!!

beeejums
11-03-2009, 02:32 PM
I love listening to Seeso, he's one of the guys that brought me here.

I love listening to Russ, because he can play country songs and I'll like them.

So many people on this forum are good, but I can't sit and watch video after video of anyone on YouTube... Except GUGUG. Is Gus or Fin a member here?

GUGUG is my favorite YouTube channel period.

CoLmes
11-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Oh and Guting.

I think the man's a genius.

Kanaka916
11-03-2009, 02:39 PM
There are a number of folks I listen to and too many to list. Some of my favorites off the top of my head and not in any particular order:
Dominator (http://www.youtube.com/user/Dominatoruke)
WS64 (http://www.youtube.com/user/ws64?blend=1&ob=4)
Keonepax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v384Y1bfaos)
seeso (http://www.youtube.com/user/seeso?blend=1&ob=4)
Ryan Imamura (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTdmgIVyvGs)
Ken Middleton (http://www.youtube.com/user/KenMiddletonUkulele)

nukulele0
11-03-2009, 02:53 PM
definitely thejumpingflea and seeso, the flea is just a crazy instrumentalist and seeso's cover of santeria is just spectacular

Ahnko Honu
11-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Ukisociety: Plastic. Need I say more? ;) Awesome videos.

AMEN! Where would Barbie, Pamela Andersen, and Ukisociety be without plastic? :D

DeG
11-03-2009, 03:58 PM
What do these folks go by on UU? I wouldn't know people by their real names, necessarily....

Craig Brandau = "Craig" on UU
You can sample the deliciousness here (http://ukulelecraig.com/index.html)

Not sure on the other 2 :(

thejumpingflea
11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
AMEN! Where would Barbie, Pamela Andersen, and Ukisociety be without plastic? :D

I'd rather not go into specifics....

seeso
11-03-2009, 04:53 PM

Here's Rob MacKillop (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/member.php?u=7340)'s profile on UU. His ukulele stuff can be found at baroqueuke (http://www.youtube.com/user/baroqueuke) on YouTube. He has another channel of baby guitar, cittern, vihuela, baglama, banjo, archguitar, baroque guitar, lute, etc. That channel is BalcarresGuy (http://www.youtube.com/user/BalcarresGuy).

Here's 15 year-old Jamie Holding (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/member.php?u=14132)'s UU profile. His YouTube channel is Blake12000 (http://www.youtube.com/user/Blake12000).

etkre
11-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Doesn't this guy post here?

http://www.youtube.com/user/UkeVal#p/u/7/x4Txq6gBT64

I love his stuff.

seeso
11-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Doesn't this guy post here?

http://www.youtube.com/user/UkeVal#p/u/7/x4Txq6gBT64

I love his stuff.

Ukeval? He sure does. (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/member.php?u=13948)

DeG
11-03-2009, 05:19 PM

Ukisociety has been, err, um, augmented! :eek:

TMI

thejumpingflea
11-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Ukisociety has been, err, um, augmented! :eek:

TMI

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo243/obxscribe/AugmentedChord.jpg

DeG
11-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh, whew! That kind of augmentation is OK then. :)

lisaxy424
11-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Too many to count!

Like so many others, the first one I found was Seeso, then Alan, then Deach...the list goes on and on.

But I can proudly say I am inspired by every one here on UU - this last year has been LIFE CHANGING :D Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

experimentjon
11-03-2009, 06:04 PM
In no particular order:
DanyoCummings- He used to post, and wrote the song that got me started on uke...although it was really Aldrine who played it on the recording
FaceMeltingUkulele- I was shocked to find that I actually went to school with him, although I'm a bit younger
Diezo808- awesome guy
Guting- I've met him once when I was a total noob at uke, he blew my mind
GX9901- George really is where I set the bar for myself, since he has been playing for about a year longer than me, and is always improving, so getting to where he is, is a realistic goal for me.
JMicLovesYou- Jan Michaels, not sure if he posts here, but he's a friend of Aldrine's, and he's very musically talented.
RussBuss, Deach, and everyone else at UCB- for just jammin out
xticklesmilex- not sure if she posts here either, but she and the sisters are awesome

I'm sure I missed some, but man, there are so many talented people here that I still haven't gotten around to subscribing to on Youtube. I should get on it!

ainokeato
11-03-2009, 07:28 PM
:) I honestly admire everyone's playing. Everyone for some reason plays things differently even if that person learns to play it from someone else each person adds their own particular authenticity to it. Seeso for example, some of his marley songs at first to me didn't sound exactly like it, until I listened closer and heard the song realizing Seeso did his own thing with it.

But if you want to know who I do aspire to play like, in no real order.

Aldrine - lol C'mon, do you even have to ask why?
Jake Shimabukuro - I'm not sure if he posts in UU but I believe he's part of K-town heroe's I think I don't know. He boost started my want to play a uke.
Seeso - I love the Reggae songs he covers
Guting - I'm not sure if he posts here either, but he has a few of the best reggae covers i've ever heard in my own opinion check him out (http://www.youtube.com/user/guting?blend=1&ob=4). Very very awesome.
Everyone at Ukisociety - lol helped me learn a good strum for the jungle book song and they're pretty awesome guys.

:) well I think that's all of mine but I admire everyone's playing.

kissing
11-03-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm a recent fan of WS64

http://www.youtube.com/user/WS64#p/u/0/pdOuk5qi9KQ

He has some great ukulele arrangements and solos!

micromue
11-04-2009, 04:01 AM
I really dig the style of danielleatethesandwich. And ukulelezo is neat.:love:

Susie A
11-04-2009, 07:25 AM
I admire many, but these are the ones that come to mind when I start thinking about Uke Music

BornagainJeeper
Lisa
Adelle
Seeso
DeG
Music Teacher Mike

NewMexicoDawG
11-04-2009, 07:27 AM
All My Friends Here:)

Monkeyswithladders
11-04-2009, 11:29 AM
My idols are Russbuss, Ukulelezo, and BaronK69 :D

Uncle-Taco
11-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I like ukisociety's stuff, I like Zo's stuff a lot. I have really enjoyed val's stuff lately, Adelle's stuff, Jeeper's stuff, and I would still kill or die to be able to sing like seeso.

I could go on and on about whom I admire until I named everybody, but really, there is just nothing I recall having seen anybody play on a ukulele that I do NOT admire.

I guess I admire anybody whom I see enjoying playing the ukulele. If they are talented to boot, well...bonus...but so far I like seeing ANYBODY enjoy the ukulele.

haole
11-04-2009, 12:06 PM
I guess I admire anybody whom I see enjoying playing the ukulele. If they are talented to boot, well...bonus...but so far I like seeing ANYBODY enjoy the ukulele.

There we go. :D