Ohanas new superconcert model

Hahahaha! It's early in the morning and I haven't apparently had enough coffee... I thought the heading was "Obama's new superconcert model".

Hey, Obama grew up in Hawaii, right? What do y'all think of chipping in and buying the Pres a Uke? Wouldn't you love seeing a pic of the Big Guy playing a Uke in the Oval Office?

Hey, Obama grew up in Hawaii, right? What do y'all think of chipping in and buying the Pres a Uke? Wouldn't you love seeing a pic of the Big Guy playing a Uke in the Oval Office?

I'm sure his critics would use the opportunity to accuse him of having all this free time time to play an ukulele when so many people are out of work. Maybe if he spent half his presidency doing manly stuff like clearing brush on his ranch, he could sneak in a little ukulele photo op.

Hahahaha! It's early in the morning and I haven't apparently had enough coffee... I thought the heading was "Obama's new superconcert model".

No not really and besides I think the millionaire can afford to buy his own!

No not really and besides I think the millionaire can afford to buy his own!

Amen, he should be buying the unemployed people 'ukuleles to help pass the time. :mad:

He only mentions Hawai'i when it's politically expedient. In his last pre-election speech here he went on about Hawai'i's great ethnic diversity and started naming the ethnicities that make up Hawai'i but he FAILED to mention the most important group of all the native Hawaiians. :rolleyes: Hawai'i wouldn't be Hawai'i without Hawaiians Mr. Prez. Dis buggah helpless without his teleprompter. :cool:

Whoa! I seem to have stepped into a political thread...I thought it was about Ohana's new longneck concert uke...

(backs out of thread swiftly and closes door behind him)

That's right, Hawaii is mostly republican, I'd forgotten that.

Hey, I say, as ambassadors of the ukulele to the world, buying the pres a uke, and getting some press on the subject, is a great idea.

Hey, I have a solid mahogany ohana concert, and I love that thing. The more it opens up, the more harp like it sounds. Plus, it's got great volume/projection.

I think it's one of the best deals available.

We have enough issues within the ukulele world to argue about and disagree on. Let's not bring politics into this forum!

Seriously. Let's bring the topic back to the Ohana model, yeah?

I would like to see a side by side of ohanas sk-30L soprano "giraffe" and the ck-35L concert because I'm mostly a tenor guy and I rely on my bushman jenny pineapple for my "traditional" sound but I would love the intonation and spacing of a tenor scale which they both have.

That's right, Hawaii is mostly republican, I'd forgotten that.

Actually Hawai'i is 90% Democrats the only Republican of note being the Governor (introduced new levels of corruption), pretty much a single party state. I don't trust ANY politician regardless of party. Let's stick with 'ukuleles and not mention ANY politicians. :rolleyes:

What's the deal with the fretboard overhanging the sound hole?

Unattractive detail, IMHO. I'm sure it's a nice uke, but I wouldn't be able to get past that one feature....

Hey, Obama grew up in Hawaii, right? What do y'all think of chipping in and buying the Pres a Uke?

It looks like he already has one!

picture.php

Ohana Obama

Ohana. Obama ohh I wanna take you to Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mamma. How many ukes could Ohana sell if they re named them Obamas?
Sorry, just tired of the govt. taking over everything. How about Lee Iacoca
developing a K-Uke. he did develop the K Car for Chrysler. Isn't "K" the big name in ukes?

Top Bottom