first uke help

kluson

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

just looking for a bit of advice, I have always wanted to play Ukulele. I am a keen guitar player and just love ukes.
I would lie to get a Soprano uke.
Where is the best place to get one in the UK also what about these

Kala KA-FMS

Many thanks
Dave

Welcome to UU and the world of ukes!!!:) Probably the best place is to check out is Musicguymic (MGM) located on ebay. He is from Hawaii, he is a member of UU and sells a ton of all types of ukes. He has great service and will set you up real good. Good luck and welcome again!!:)

Hi Many thanks for those answers.
Is there somewhere I can get a uke in the UK?
I have been thinking about the Kala spalted maple one, looks nice and the demo on e bay looks good but I would like to see one

cheers
Dave

There's a few uke stores on Ebay UK, but to buy from MGM costs another $50 shipping so it's a bit stupid to buy from him unless he's the only place you can get your choice of uke.

How about the Duke of Uke in London?

I have found a store not so far from me, which has both the spalted maple and the mango in stock so I can try , hooray,
hope I don't end up with two!!

I'd vouch for the Southern Ukulele Store in GB..

Also - Eagle Music in Huddersfield - very good, and stock mainlands!

Also - for cheaper models - try Purple Turtle Music in Stockport.

Both the above have websites or ebay shops.

Another store is Forsyths in Manchester on Deansgate, but I think they are a bit pricey.

Kala's are very good starter Uke's - how much do you have to spend??

I'd vouch for the Southern Ukulele Store in GB..

Also - Eagle Music in Huddersfield - very good, and stock mainlands!

Also - for cheaper models - try Purple Turtle Music in Stockport.

Both the above have websites or ebay shops.

Another store is Forsyths in Manchester on Deansgate, but I think they are a bit pricey.

Kala's are very good starter Uke's - how much do you have to spend??

Thanks for your suggestions very helpfull. I just wanted something to learn on that was playable. I have since soken to a Guitar maker friend of mine who really recommende that I try the Kala's , so tonight I'm going to have a try with the Soprano Spalted Flamed Maple and the Mango and some others around the same price. I guess I'm looking to spend £150 or so

Once again many thanks

if you have £150, you really should try a Mainland - all solid wood, and I think you can get one for a touch over that amount.

Thanks for your suggestions very helpfull. I just wanted something to learn on that was playable. I have since soken to a Guitar maker friend of mine who really recommende that I try the Kala's , so tonight I'm going to have a try with the Soprano Spalted Flamed Maple and the Mango and some others around the same price. I guess I'm looking to spend £150 or so

Once again many thanks
I used to have a Spalted maple spruce top super soprano was super awesome:)heres a link:)
http://cgi.ebay.com/KALA-KA-FMC-Fla...ltDomain_0?hash=item3a5476a89a#ht_3558wt_1229
this is concert size:)
But I agree Mainland For Life!
MyJezebel.jpg

Mainland Tenor Mahogany GLoss

Last edited:
though I should add, whilst I dont own one (except a cheap beginner Makala), Kala are renowned to make some great instruments - if you go in that direction, I am sure you will be pleased!

Top Bottom