Classical guitar G string?

Rzr

Reaction score
My low g wound Aquila string is unwinding at the 2nd fret. I went to a local guitar store that sells Ukes to see what strings they might have. They had Aquilas but I don't want the same problem to happen again. They also had D'Addario's but no low g and I kinda want to stick with low g for now. The salesman suggested trying a classical guitar single g string so I bought it. Now my questions are if I take my old string of can I put it back on if this new one doesn't work out. It's still playable for now. And am I going to wreck my uke by putting this new string on. It's a D'Addario Pro Arte classical guitar string/J4603-G-3rd-.0410"(1.041mm) Hard Tension clear nylon string. I'm still pretty new so any help would be appreciated.:)

Thanks! I'll go back and get a D. For the 80 cents I'll just keep the one I've got for a backup C. Thanks again.

I went back to the store today and bought a set of Savarev Alliance strings. I put them on and so far they sound great! Thanks again for your help. Hopefully I won't make the same mistake again.

I went back to the store today and bought a set of Savarev Alliance strings. I put them on and so far they sound great! Thanks again for your help. Hopefully I won't make the same mistake again.

Savarez makes great strings. BTW, you don't need a whole set, you can purchase singles from stringsbymail.com or juststrings.com. Some guitar shop sell singles also. If your wound string keeps getting frayed, check the frets and nut for sharp edges, those are usually the culprit of string wear.

Top Bottom