PDA

View Full Version : StewMac Tenor Kit - "Slightly" modified. Finished!

eleuke
11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
OK you guys, it's done. I'm going to let you guys decide how much work I should put into this post. let me know if you wanna see:

1. Every stupid pic and long drawn out descriptions of every procedure
2. Just the highlights, a few pics and things to watch out for that I screwed up
3. Go away this is boring and we don't care

or anything in between... Lemme know!

bluesuke
11-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I would like to see more. Number 2 of your list.Im planning on get the kit and I'm interested in seeing more about the neck joint

camface
11-04-2009, 03:17 PM
A mix of 1 and 2!

wfwhitson
11-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Maybe a document of number 1 or 2 that you could send to e-mail.

thejumpingflea
11-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I want a video of it being played! ;)

mzuch
11-04-2009, 04:26 PM
I also vote for #2. I'd especially like to see how you handled profiling the neck heel to the top for a tight doweled butt joint. Also how you modified the sides for the cutaway. Thanks.

cornfedgroove
11-04-2009, 05:23 PM
an emailed document would be sublime, imo

DaveVisi
11-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Cut to the chase, show us your screwups! :cool:

Oh, and the rest of it too. Neck attachment, bridge, frets, tuners, that sort of stuff.

UkeNinja
11-04-2009, 08:56 PM
My personal preference is for ukes without cutaways, but this is not so much an attempt to diss your beautiful creation as it is a hidden confession that I do not venture up the neck to the extent that I feel the need to sacrifice my personal aesthetic point of view for finger space "12th-and-up".
Your bridge/string attachment mojo on the other hand, is clearly flowing there. That is pretty cool to see, and I could imagine using the sound of those short plinky pieces of string behind the bridge for some funky effects. Instant Mario coins, I like!

Please show a little bit of the finish, and sharing your mistakes is not easy, but it may be one of the most valuable pieces of info you could share with amateur "kit-builder" folks. Ah yes, and a little playtime would be fun to listen to as well.

From the pic you put up, it looks pretty clean and cool! :nana:

eleuke
11-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks, UkeNinja

I appreciate your kinds words. Yes, my intention is to let the future kit builders in on what I screwed so they won't have to. I went through my pics today and had a hard time finding any of the mistakes. Freudian slip? Maybe... As for the short plinky pieces, I didn't even think of that, but that's a great idea. I'll have to experiment with that some...