Curse Mainland Ukulele Company!!!

Mouthy1

Reaction score
Darn Mike for making very cool instruments at reasonable prices!@!!@@ Does he have any idea how hard it is to keep justifying these purchases to my wife? I wonder if he even thought about it at all when he decided to make the Boat shape or the open headstock concert. Now I have to explain to my wife AGAIN why I need 9 ukuleles when in her mind one should be enough. Thanks a lot Mike....thanks.(I ordered both today...shhhhhh, maybe my wife won't notice?)

I just had a long discussion tonight as to how I ended up with 10 ukes in a year (one arrived today, my most expensive so far and first new one), and when my hubby, trying very hard to understand how they are all "different" (voices, tunings, etc.), discovered that he could then easily justify having 20 bicycles (in theory) and I said completely seriously "Well of course I could see that" as I'm also a bike nut, and then started figuring out loud how many we could fit in the garage if we hung some upside down from the rafters, he settled right down.

What does your wife have 10 or more of that seem superfluous to you? Find out that info and use it wisely. :D

In the most stereotypical shopping addict voice you could possibly imagine "WELL you can't just have ONE" lol

In the most stereotypical shopping addict voice you could possibly imagine "WELL you can't just have ONE" lol

i can concur on this one!!:agree:

I just had a long discussion tonight as to how I ended up with 10 ukes in a year (one arrived today, my most expensive so far and first new one), and when my hubby, trying very hard to understand how they are all "different" (voices, tunings, etc.), discovered that he could then easily justify having 20 bicycles (in theory) and I said completely seriously "Well of course I could see that" as I'm also a bike nut, and then started figuring out loud how many we could fit in the garage if we hung some upside down from the rafters, he settled right down.

What does your wife have 10 or more of that seem superfluous to you? Find out that info and use it wisely. :D

Imelda Marcos had 3000 pairs of shoes, tell him he's lucky...

I tried to explain that since I don't play that well, maybe have more instruments would help or at least make me look like I know what I am doing but again, very little positive response? I guess I can attack her purse collection if it gets too serious. Wish me luck.

With mine it's Capri pants. Just how many pairs of Capri pants does one woman need? She must have fifteen pair....every color of the rainbow....some in multiple sizes. I've never taken issue with these purchases.

Doesn't it make sense I could get away with a few ukes? Apparently not. "But you can only play one at a time!"....:D

Top Bottom