Where to place incase humidifier?

Kalalaika

Reaction score
I just got a planetwaves humidifier for my uke and checked out a lot of "humidifier threads", but nowhere I could find the answer to the question where to place it in the box. Next to the neck? On top of the soundhole? How do you do that?
(I've got a solid top uke) :)

if it's got a really thin body and a wider brim-like end it probably goes through the strings and into the sound hole and the brim-like end rests on the strings... if it doesn't look like that, then any where it fits inside the case is probably okay. unless you are constantly opening the case the RH inside probably equalizes pretty quick.

thanks a lot. I positioned it on top of the soundhole now...
x02_224653.jpg

Iraq

Hey All,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'll be using these planet waves humidifiers along with my hygrometer to hopefully keep my kala acacia tenor and kala travel ukes alive in a mountainous region of Iraq (no humidity). I've got a hard case for the acacia, so that should keep the RH a little bit more constant, but I'm also planning on storing them in a small closet with several bowls of water. Is this asking for trouble? The solid acacia is just too pretty to leave at home in Alaska, where the humidity stays around 60-80% year-round, but I don't want to destroy it. I could also pick up a couple room humidifiers while in Korea to help the situation. My big questions is, is three months of futile attempts at keeping the humidity constant going to kill the ukes? I could return them to AK after that time period if the hygrometer shows I'm failing...

I have 2 herco's and a plastic baggie with a paper towel in it damp with distilled water and run a cool mist in my closet was at 33% last nite about 40% now:)I live in New Mexico so I know about low humidity
MyJezebel.jpg

Ty UU and my friends here for showing me the beauty of the ukulele
One Love
NewMExicoDawG
Mainland Tenor mahogany Gloss

Last edited:
I just got a planetwaves humidifier for my uke and checked out a lot of "humidifier threads", but nowhere I could find the answer to the question where to place it in the box. Next to the neck? On top of the soundhole? How do you do that?
(I've got a solid top uke) :)
Anywhere in the case where it will fit I put mine right under the neck incase

Last edited:
Just remember running the heat in the winter makes the humidity drop inside the house. I'm just south of you on the coast in LA, but I leave my best ukes in cases with humidifiers. We go from 85% to 40% regularly here which is fine, but when the Santa Anas blow it might be 15% or less. I hate the humidity but I know my ukes like it at least. ;)

We leave the bathroom door open when we shower in the winter when the heat is on, as it helps keep the bathroom dryer and the overall house humidity more comfortable.

Hey All,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'll be using these planet waves humidifiers along with my hygrometer to hopefully keep my kala acacia tenor and kala travel ukes alive in a mountainous region of Iraq (no humidity).
:eek:

AWESOME you have your 'ukuleles in Iraq with you but make sure YOU stay safe, and come home in one piece, 'ukuleles can be replaced. ;)

Buddha told me one time to use a baggie and a wet paper towel I think I could be wrong but I did it I used distilled water and OMG it work my case is right at 50% humidity AMAZING:)

Buddha told me one time to use a baggie and a wet paper towel I think I could be wrong but I did it I used distilled water and OMG it work my case is right at 50% humidity AMAZING:)

WOW You mean the Bodhisattva himself speaks to you? :eek: You are truly enlightened.
How might I obtain this holy baggie and wet paper towel? :D

Top Bottom