PDA

View Full Version : Are ukulele players nicer than other people?

studentaccount1
04-25-2008, 01:43 PM
I just read this:

....Isn't ukulele all about showing love and friendship through PEACEFUL music? ....

And couldn't help but think that the ratio of a**holes to non-assh**es who play the ukulele must be about the same as any other instrument?

This begged for a poll to be made.

I made one.

If anyone has better data to be able to sort this out once and for all, please share.

UKESTAR
04-25-2008, 02:20 PM
I think that people who choose to learn to play an instrument in general are nicer people overall. There are always exceptions of course. I think I would rather be stuck with ukulele players on an island than just random folk...haha.:D I have yet to meet a total dirtbag who plays the uke....that would be really odd...ha.

russ_buss
04-25-2008, 03:06 PM
i could be a douche bag if i wanted to. but i choose to use my powers for good.

life's too short and precious for douche baggery...

Kaneohe til the end
04-25-2008, 03:23 PM
douche baggery

that might be the funniest word ive ever heard

Keonikapila
04-25-2008, 04:09 PM
...yea I'm an a-hole...but still a nice guy! haha...I suddenly feel the need to do a Dennis Leary cover...:p

Ukulele_Junkie
04-25-2008, 05:40 PM
i'm a nice guy if you dont pull my cords, when that happen you see mean ukulele junkie.

so i rated myself a total douche bag

BTW why is this in guitar discussion? haha

Djr0nard
04-25-2008, 05:43 PM
im natuarly nice, my friends on the other hand make fun of me just because im dark and there uke players :confused: why do i hangout with them hahahaha

brokenwing
04-25-2008, 06:31 PM
I've found musicians, acoustic musicians in particular, to be generous with their knowledge and helpful in general but maybe I'm just choosey who I hang with.

...nothing against those of you who plug in - some of my best friends are electric.

NukeDOC
04-25-2008, 06:46 PM
im an a-hole. but i do it in good fun. i make fun of myself as much as i make fun of others. but i can be a total dick at times... except for when it comes to music. there is so much we can all learn from each other. and i hate when i see one conceited musician that thinks their hot sh*t and too good to play with anyone that isnt as good. music is an art that is dying in many school curriculums, so for some dickhead to put down another musician because they arent that great at it gets me heated. i hate seeing anyone lose their taste for music. i have before. and it sucked. because everytime i looked at my guitar i felt guilty for not playing, and too ashamed of myself to just pick her up and try to get better. when you know how that feels, you dont want to wish that on ANYONE that has even the slightest interest in learning.

btw, i moved the thread to uke talk.

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-25-2008, 07:46 PM

yeah - lifes to short for all that... Just live your own life and it all turns out goodsz

studentaccount1
04-25-2008, 10:56 PM
btw, i moved the thread to uke talk.

Thanks for that Nuke. :o

....and i hate when i see one conceited musician that thinks their hot sh*t ....

I definitely feel you on that one. I like to think that "each one, teach one" is a good policy. We can all teach and learn something to the people around us. It's like no matter who we are or what we know, we can always learn something from others and vice versa (even if it is what NOT to do or how NOT to act).

I think the only thing worse than talented conceited people are people who really suck but are convinced they are hot sh*t and pull petty ego trip BS when you try to play with them. That always bums my trip. :(

rayan
04-25-2008, 11:46 PM
lol. Why is deach in the d-bag section? He just gave away 3 ukes! In fact, none of those guys are d-bags, this poll is totally inaccurate.

bof
04-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Way too many nice people.. I thought every musician was narcissistic and arrogant :D..
I, myself, can be a total asshole, arrogant, vain, cunning, but most of the time I'm a ukulele player :p

deach
04-26-2008, 12:39 AM
lol. Why is deach in the d-bag section? He just gave away 3 ukes! In fact, none of those guys are d-bags, this poll is totally inaccurate.

I'm a generous douche bag.

Poi Dog
04-26-2008, 03:09 AM
I don't think I'm too much of a douche. My kids might think otherwise when their grades start slippin' or they don't do their chores. LOL

UkeNinja
04-26-2008, 03:41 AM
"Spineless like a gig bag" is what I was called the other day. Douche bag... no. Shower cap if anything.

brokenwing
04-26-2008, 04:07 AM
lol. Why is deach in the d-bag section? He just gave away 3 ukes! In fact, none of those guys are d-bags, this poll is totally inaccurate.What do you expect from a d-bag poll? I think people are over estimating their a-holes.:D

"douche" - from the French verb, doucher, which means "to shower"

seeso
04-26-2008, 04:42 AM
I think maybe I should've checked D-bag.

Slick
04-26-2008, 05:19 AM
I've found that as you get on in years it's easier to be a douche. Nobody wants to beat-up an old guy. :D

seeso
04-26-2008, 05:27 AM
I've found that as you get on in years it's easier to be a douche. Nobody wants to beat-up an old guy. :D

Ha ha hah! Well, people may want to, they just wouldn't.

Lanark
04-26-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm just generally a complete dick, but it's totally unrelated to playing the ukulele.

nikolo727
04-26-2008, 01:58 PM

russ_buss you are now my new favorite person.

lol

i agree completely with russ_buss

douche baggery must be stopped!

nikolo727
04-26-2008, 02:01 PM
I think maybe I should've checked D-bag.

sesso. No one can sing beautiful music (like you) and be a douche bag.

that was my nice comment of they day.

EVERYONE ELSE WILL BURN!!!!!!!!!

lawlz

russ_buss
04-26-2008, 02:03 PM
russ_buss you are now my new favorite person.

lol

i agree completely with russ_buss

douche baggery must be stopped!

haha, although i'm no angel. back in the day, if you got enough liquor in me, i was that jackass stumbling out of the bar trying to start fights i seriously could not finish. that was in my younger hellraiser days. i'm now a responsible drunk.

cheers!

nikolo727
04-26-2008, 02:09 PM
LMFAO!

you know what though dude, being drunk isnt what you really would be like in real life, thats just an alturd ( oh ya bro i spelled it with turd) state of mind.

I wont lie. If you piss me off or if i have sand in my butt crack i will be a dick too. Everyone has some douche baggery in them, but thats not really what kind of person they are unless they let that douche baggery control them.

peace

bof
04-27-2008, 02:52 AM
sesso. No one can sing beautiful music (like you) and be a douche bag.

I think people checking douche bag are rather self ironical than serious.. Or not too serious at least ;)

seeso
04-27-2008, 07:43 AM
I honestly think that if someone plays the ukulele, they're automatically cool. What I mean is, I know that I will get along with that person no matter what.

I may not like the kind of music they play, we may not agree politically, but I know that we could share a beer together and be friends.

Guting
04-27-2008, 07:49 AM
I honestly think that if someone plays the ukulele, they're automatically cool. What I mean is, I know that I will get along with that person no matter what.

I may not like the kind of music they play, we may not agree politically, but I know that we could share a beer together and be friends.

good enough for me.... hahhahaha! j/p

seeso
04-27-2008, 08:15 AM
good enough for me.... hahhahaha! j/p

Ha! Rey, you bring the San Miguel, I'll bring the Jack.

UkuleleHill
04-27-2008, 08:19 AM
So the question on the thread was are uke players nicer and now I realize that the poll is are you an a-hole? So yeah I meant to vote that uke players are nicer and I voted that I am an a-hole? So confusing. I don't think I am really an ahole...

Woodstocksp3
04-27-2008, 08:24 AM
So the question on the thread was are uke players nicer and now I realize that the poll is are you an a-hole? So yeah I meant to vote that uke players are nicer and I voted that I am an a-hole? So confusing. I don't think I am really an ahole...

Haha, I almost did that too. It's kind of a trick question but I believe that you're not an-a-hole. :D

Misguided Musician
04-27-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm not really an a-hole. I only fight back when necessary, and other than that, my friends say I'm too nice which makes me an easy target.

UkuleleHill
04-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Haha, I almost did that too. It's kind of a trick question but I believe that you're not an-a-hole. :D

NotoriousMOK
04-28-2008, 08:22 AM
douche bags unite!!! :D

la_ingrit
04-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm a generous douche bag.

lol and funny too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

deach
09-10-2008, 02:04 PM
I love this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNzZzsvOClc

Dane
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
I love this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNzZzsvOClc
Hey that was a uke they smashed!! What a tragedy.

haole
09-11-2008, 05:33 AM
I've found that uke players are a lot nicer than most other musicians. ;) The ratio of friendly people to elitist douches is a lot more acceptable than, say, guitarists or drummers (I'm both! Don't yell at me! :o ) Didgeridoo players tend to be great people in general, too. ;)

pebbleInDaPacific
09-11-2008, 07:30 AM
haha, what an awesome thread...here's food for thought! I could be considered an A of the hole kine. But as of late, I noticed that I have become a little more chilled out and nice when playing the Uke. I think partially because it's relaxing, but also, you have to protect the hands! how are you goin to play if you get into a lil scruff with some bro and you get your hands all messed up? :rofl: Is that wrong to think that way?

haole
09-11-2008, 07:51 AM
haha, what an awesome thread...here's food for thought! I could be considered an A of the hole kine. But as of late, I noticed that I have become a little more chilled out and nice when playing the Uke. I think partially because it's relaxing, but also, you have to protect the hands! how are you goin to play if you get into a lil scruff with some bro and you get your hands all messed up? :rofl: Is that wrong to think that way?

The right idea for the wrong reasons! :biglaugh: Although, it would be really bad to break your knuckles on someone's skull and have to leave the uke on the wall for a few weeks.

Dane
09-11-2008, 07:20 PM
I few weeks? God I freaked out when I was unable to play ONE of my ukes for a few DAYS, the other still played fine...