REd Red Wine_UB40

:confused:

Dude, what?
If you're going to play the Bob Marley version, you need to sing it reggae too. Your timings were so weird at a few points, maybe there should have been a chord change or something but there wasn't...
You didn't sing when you were supposed to/in time at all so it didn't sound much like the song. Your fingers did look like they were cramping up so good job with that in mind, must be a whole lot harder. I'd say just try to loosen up a little bit, reggae is supposed to be peaceful and joyful, you looked like you were having an awful time haha. Also try to accentuate the second and fourth beats too. Good luck!

If you're going to play the Bob Marley version, you need to sing it reggae too.

:confused: There is no Bob Marley version...

:confused:

Dude, what?
If you're going to play the Bob Marley version, you need to sing it reggae too. Your timings were so weird at a few points, maybe there should have been a chord change or something but there wasn't...
You didn't sing when you were supposed to/in time at all so it didn't sound much like the song. Your fingers did look like they were cramping up so good job with that in mind, must be a whole lot harder. I'd say just try to loosen up a little bit, reggae is supposed to be peaceful and joyful, you looked like you were having an awful time haha. Also try to accentuate the second and fourth beats too. Good luck!

Rude much?I'm new:eek:Isnt playing suppossed to be just fun people like u nvm

Last edited:
Rude much?I'm new:eek:Isnt playing suppossed to be just fun people like u nvm

:agree:I read the response and wasn't sure what to say. Keep up the good work Dawg. I'm newish too and we got to start somewhere.

You are starting to move the chords faster now. Aint mainland just a great uke? :)
One input though, try and play without looking at the chordfingers. That will help you get a faster flow. Try and learn to feel the chords instead or looking. Its not easy at the beginning but will be a lot of help later on when you want to learn songs. :)

Uke. ; i think you should bash so fast guy. obviously he is making progress. if it isnt your type, then better not say anything to rude to offend. just say "good job".

and it is a Neil Diamond song, thats why there isnt a Bob Marley song.

please lets change the attitude to this thread starting now.

Awesome job man! keep it up and work on the strumming!

Don't let one post get you down, NMDawg. I think you're making great progress. Keep it up!

You are starting to move the chords faster now. Aint mainland just a great uke? :)
One input though, try and play without looking at the chordfingers. That will help you get a faster flow. Try and learn to feel the chords instead or looking. Its not easy at the beginning but will be a lot of help later on when you want to learn songs. :)

indeed:)Mainlands are awesome Reggae collab?

Lmao, what are you guys on about saying "there's no Bob Marley version"...
I think you'll find there is, and yes obviously Neil Diamond did the original, but NewMexicoDawg played it like the Bob Marley version.

Gahh.

I was trying to give some feedback anyway, are we only allowed to compliment in this forum? You won't improve without criticism. I wasn't being rude, like you so rudely suggested, just saying what i thought..

And yes, obviously playing is meant to be fun, but don't post a video if you only want complimentary feedback.

I think you'll find there is, and yes obviously Neil Diamond did the original, but NewMexicoDawg played it like the Bob Marley version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Red_Wine

"Red Red Wine" is a song written and originally recorded by Neil Diamond, that was then covered by Tony Tribe and more famously by UB40. In the song, the singer finds drinking red wine is the only way to forget a lost love. Many people make the common mistake of thinking this song was sang by Bob Marley, however, it is against his religion, as a Rastafarian, to consume alcohol. Bob Marley never covered this song.

NewMexicoDawG,

Positive & not so positive comments are part of the territory when you post a video. I agree with Uke on that. Been there. It was humbling, but it pushed me to get better. As you said everyone has to start at the beginning. The main thing is to keep it fun, and don't give up.

Denno had some good feedback. Also I've used a metronome in the past to help keep a steady beat. A little difficult in the beginning if someone is still getting used to changing chords, but should improve pretty quickly if you practice regularly.

NIce mainland uke. I got a new Pono Baritone recently and love it. There'a a lot of choices out there in the uke world now. Great time to be a uker.

Keep playing and posting.

Gahh.

:stop: There is no Bob Marley version...

NewMexicoDawG,

Positive & not so positive comments are part of the territory when you post a video. I agree with Uke on that. Been there. It was humbling, but it pushed me to get better. As you said everyone has to start at the beginning. The main thing is to keep it fun, and don't give up.

Denno had some good feedback. Also I've used a metronome in the past to help keep a steady beat. A little difficult in the beginning if someone is still getting used to changing chords, but should improve pretty quickly if you practice regularly.

NIce mainland uke. I got a new Pono Baritone recently and love it. There'a a lot of choices out there in the uke world now. Great time to be a uker.

Keep playing and posting.

Heres how I live life I am never negative I mean u can make a negative a positive its how he worded it which rubbed me the wrong way maybe its just me reading it wrong.

Anyhow I am over it Uke. sorry I blew up man Hope we can just this pass and move on:) TY for the feed back it just made me try harder I think my next vid will reflect that:)

Many people make the common mistake of thinking this song was sang by Bob Marley, however, it is against his religion, as a Rastafarian, to consume alcohol. Bob Marley never covered this song.

Did you know that Bob did drink beer? at least sometimes...

I just want to clarify a single thing: Rasta is not about rules, but love. those "rules" are basically advices how to live your life and you may, or may not, follow them.

I'm glad this thread found its way back to the love, or call it aloha or what!

One Aloha!

Heres how I live life I am never negative I mean u can make a negative a positive its how he worded it which rubbed me the wrong way maybe its just me reading it wrong.

Anyhow I am over it Uke. sorry I blew up man Hope we can just this pass and move on:) TY for the feed back it just made me try harder I think my next vid will reflect that:)

Yeah cool, and I think I stand corrected on the Bob Marley version thing, whichever other cover I've heard sounded EXACTLY like him so.. forgive me :)

Top Bottom