UU Online Colaborative Song

rcflyer23

Reaction score
UU Online Collaborative Song

Okay so I was sitting here playing the uke and I have only been playing a week but have played the guitar for several years. So here is the deal, I started goofing around tonight and have a chord progression that I kinda like but I need some help with it and I thought it would be cool if we could all colaborate on writing the song and if we could get it fully written and have full instrumentation on it that would be really cool.

I found a website along time ago that people were doing this type of thing but I can't find it and I thought it might would be fun to try here. There seem to be a ton of great musicians here.

So what do you think. I need to get a mic so I can record the progression and see what people can come up with.

Kevin

Last edited:
that would be nuts, but i dont know how much help ill be cuz i dont have a video cam.

O man i am so down to send in a recording. that be so cool i call dibs on rythem ukulele lol.

if you need a baseline, PM me!

Sweet.. Okay guys... Here is what I am thinking. I've got most of the chord progression that I like. Let me sit down and write it down and get a mic so I can record it and let you hear it. Then we can figure out how to finish it out. I would love to get full instrumentation. Ukulele, Bass, strings of all kinds what ever we can come up with. I am open to ALL input. Anything goes. I want this to be a joint effort and to be a community song. I am all for you taking my idea and making it better. Like I said. I have only been on the uke for a week.

Honestly I have to figure out some of the chords as I just started goofing around and found things I like so I don't know all the chord names.

I hope to have something in the next couple of days. I will sit down now and figure out the chord progression.

Kevin

Okay here is an outline of the chord progression.. Actually now I am not totally sure I am happy with it any thoughts suggestions.

Em, Dmaj, C add9, F add9, Amin, G and repeat..

Stupid question but how can I post an mp3 so you can here the strum pattern?

I am so down for this, I want to hear it already!

Hmm, possibly www.kompoz.com or www.ejamming.com ?

That was it Kompoz.com. I will create an account and try and record the initial idea. Well, actually let me ask this. Which do you prefer Kompoz or ejamming? I have not used either one of them before. I tried to record just using my built in Laptop mic but that sucked. I will have to find a fairly good mic. Any suggestions.

Sorry, I just found the second page of the post!
Sounds good. I'll try to get a bassline down this weekend.
How did you post the MP3?
No problem. I just figured it died. The MP3 is really rough.. I need to get a good mic to record, I also need to decide on the beginning and end. If you have any thoughts let me know.

Okay I either really suck or no one is interested in this now..

what? naa im still down ive just been super busy ima see what i could come up with to accent this piece. now all we need is some one to throw down some sick lyrics.

what? naa im still down ive just been super busy ima see what i could come up with to accent this piece. now all we need is some one to throw down some sick lyrics.
Sweet... Sorry... I know how stuff gets lost in the forums sometimes. I hope to pick up a better mic this weekend or maybe order one. I will hopefully be able to get it recorded better.

If you're willing to wait 4 weeks (until school holidays) I could fulfill your cello and keyboard needs.

Top Bottom