Aldrine lies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

takesuoutswitch

Reaction score
The way he teaches, gitara, out of my league, and tetris, is NOT the way he plays them! I want to play them like him! I think i figured tetris out, but i really want to know what he does in gitara, that song is beautiful, but he waters it down so much for the play along, its ridiculous.

Any help figuring it out would be greatly appreciated!

I have all the tabs for all the songs you want. And these tabs are the advanced tabs for the "real" way he plays it. I also have made a tutorial going over the tabs. I'd give them to you but I'd hate to have one note wrong and risk you calling me a liar. Besides, someone as skilled as yourself wouldn't need a lesson.

I have all the tabs for all the songs you want. And these tabs are the advanced tabs for the "real" way he plays it. I also have made a tutorial going over the tabs. I'd give them to you but I'd hate to have one note wrong and risk you calling me a liar. Besides, someone as skilled as yourself wouldn't need a lesson.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Aldrine is actually the head of a vast conspiracy to keep ukulele players from getting so good that they might one day rival or surpass his abilities. His free lessons and play-alongs aren't actually meant to help you learn a song and push you towards being able to make up your own ideas; he actually wants you to suck at the ukulele so his own playing will look that much more impressive by comparison. ;)

Either that, or you could just ask him what he's playing in the Song Help forum and I'm pretty sure he'll help you out. :3

Because the level of appreciation has been set high so far :3

Well, if it means anything....

I appreciate all you have done. I definitely wouldn't be playing the uke like I do now without all the great lessons and material you have put out. Thank you Aldrine!

We all lie at least once a day, and usually in bed.

perhaps "lies" was the wrong word to use (somewhat offensive, yeah?). what he has to understand is you can't just throw out lessons with supreme Aldrine-aucity from day one (or even day 365) - all you'd get is a bunch of new/intermediate players who would be to discouraged even try. Have you ever been to a music recital for 1st and 2nd grade piano students? Not the greatest way to spend 2 hours (unless they're your own children and then it's the greatest thing ever presented to humankind). Can you imagine taking your first-ever piano lesson and the instructor played you a Mozart concerto right off the bat and then said "Ok, now you do it"? Or a Santana solo for your first-ever guitar lesson? Personally, after that, I'd be thinking my musical talent would peak with the spoons or moonshine jug. It's all about baby steps. Just look at all the Uke Minutes. Each one sorta builds on previous ones and then gets applied to one or more lessons. That's how to teach. That's how to be a good instructor. You give your students as much as they can handle to make it a challenge - enough to keep them interested and wanting more. Come to think of it, that's how you become a good drug dealer too... no wonder I have 17 ukuleles.

2nd that, you inspired me to bust out 'down under' many times and the lesson on 'maria maria' was way cool.

and while i'm at it, hey sesso i was busting out bob's 'i shot the sherrif' because of you this morning.

and big shout out to however tabbed out banana pancakes too.

Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom