Thak you all for the warm welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

nohandles

Reaction score
I will be having the moderator delete me from this forum. I would like to say however I am an educated man born in America -Elyria Ohio to be exact. I misspelled one word while watching some very poor use of the English language being use to crucify me.
Many of you have acted like a man child- look it up in the dictionary if you don't know what it means. I find it a shame that the use of a computer has give some license to be rude, cold and uncouth. So I hope for those of you whole have unbridled mouth and fingers you are happy. You've run off someone who would have had something to say and maybe not always spelled it right or grammatically right but useful stuff to say. For those of you who have been kind Thank you.

PS just for the record I've been a luither for 30 years but you will never know that now will you,

Very angry Doug

Last edited:
I think you should stay. I agree completly that you weren't treated fairly. If you leave they will think they were right. Just hang out, talk to whom you like, and take from the forum what you find useful. I think lots of people are attacking the sellers a little to quick without giving people a chance to learn the "rules of selling" or even check in to post pics. Being scamed is not a good thing but it should teach everyone to be caustious not rude. Take care, try to stay.

Sorry it didn't work out for you here.
picture.php

A shame -

I didn't read the thread in question, but have just gone back over it. Partially, this was guys being curious over being scammed - but that said, I think you got a very rough ride.

If you are genuine as you say you are (and it appears so to me), i'd suggest you take the advice on the earlier post - hang out on here - post on what you want to, speak to who you want. You can block those who may have given you grief (I think?) - if you are a Uke lover, this site is really one you shouldn't miss - best Uke society on the web by my reckoning.

Chalk the "hoo-har" down to experience - hell, even hold a grudge (why not?!), but remember that there are a ton of decent people on here with whom to discuss Ukes. Looking back over the thread in question, you will see a few posters firmly sticking up for you.

Cheers!

A lot of rudeness in that other thread. I'm sorry it happened to you. Hope you'll give us another try. We aren't all naturally skeptical, but lately things have been happening to put people on edge.

You seem to have experiences and info we could use. Please give us another try.

Sukie

And how could you possibly say no to Michael Douglas?!!

I haven't logged in in a week or so, but I browsed through the posts to see what exactly happened that is causing so much negativity in this forum.

Nohandles, it's nice to meet you. I really think that you should hang out a bit... and to everyone else, let's just scratch everything that's happened in that other post.

This is a great Forum, there are no hangups here. It's only when scammers started showing up recently that we all kinda have our guard up.

Happy Friday everyone...

I hope that you can take the comments with a grain of salt since there was a Bad Egg posting on that forum. In partial defense to those posters, some of the information you gave was conflicting. In addition, you had a delay in your responses to some of their inquiries (although your explained your reason for the delay in later posts.)

I would venture to say that if you do post the ukes correctly on the Market Place forum and your transactions are successful, the negative posters would be the first ones to apologize. I fully believe that and that is how much faith I have in the members of this forum. Hopefully, you will be a viable member too if you choose to do so.

I second what Ronnie said. I think this was just a matter of bad timing. I understand that we've been on high alert since that previous boob (and not the good kind), Drew has tried to scam the members here multiple times. And while Doug probably didn't read the "Read Before Posting" thread, I can understand that too since there aren't too many people who use the "search" tab ("I'm Your" is to radio/youtube as "What strings are the best?" is to this forum). Sorry for the poor first experience. The UU universe (sorta sounds like a stutter, yeah?) likes to watch out for their own. Sometimes one steps out of over protective mode and into mob mentality.

And about the spelling/typing errors, you can't attack someone for that. He's posting to a thread, not posting a resume to a potential employer. Take MGM for example, he's got to be one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet but maaaan, can he mash-up da keyboard! (no offence Mike. I enjoy your grammatical adventures!)

:2cents:

You were given a raw deal, Doug - I'm sorry for that! We've had a guy come back multiple times trying to scam people; it had some really on edge when they saw stuff in the marketplace. But that's no excuse for poor behavior. This is mostly a fun-loving group, and it pains me that someone got a negative impression of the UU. Let us make it up to you!

Doug,

UU has a wide range of ages and personalities, and some are quick to jump and defend the group when it looks like someone may be not on the up and up. Yes this is not always done in the best or nicest way, but it is done for the right reasons, the very reasons you should stay and get to know this community. Like a family they will always have your back.

Hope you deside to stick around.

JT

. In addition, you had a delay in your responses to some of their inquiries

Sorry, dont buy that - I, and many others dont have the time to live on forums such as this. If I post something, I may be able to reply in an hour, it may be 3 days....

I've read the thread, and think the responses were appalling. (sorry, but have to say it).

But hey, Doug - I hope you are reading these- I'm a newbie on here too, and the group is brilliant. I love my instruments, and compared to some of these guys I suppose I am fairly new to the Uke - there is so much on here, would be a shame for you to miss it.

Last edited:
this is one of the most welcoming, friendly and kind community Ive seen on the internet i guess i missed what happened here. :confused:

search the posts by the OP - i'm not impressed...

this is one of the most welcoming, friendly and kind community Ive seen on the internet i guess i missed what happened here. :confused:

I agree with everyone actually...I've been a member on and off for a year and then some...these people are just amazing. There's always going to be bad apples hanging around...and I can't believe there are actually scammers now, its how you know that the ukulele just keeps getting bigger in popularity. I hope nohandles gives this place another try and to those who are wary of scammers and the bad apples, please approach with respect LIKE a personal message to these people or to the moderators!

To many people jumped the gun on that, at least the mods Seeso and Kanaka didn't go that far either. I'm sorry this happened to you nohandles hopefully you'll reconsider, some times you have to take some comments with a grain of salt.

Maybe it would be a nice time to ask you to take a look at your history on this board and ask yourself honestly if perhaps some (not all, by any means) of the treatment you received should be expected. You registered and, instead of introducing yourself or using this forum for its primary means, namely a medium of discussion for the ukulele, immediately began to post in the marketplace, ignoring the rules asking you to provide details and pictures, ignoring the forum-wide announcement about scammers who behave exactly as you did, and then seemingly vanish when your post is called into question. Should you really blame some of us for being skeptical? Like everyone else here, if you are legitimate, I am indeed truly sorry for the way you have been treated, but quite frankly, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it gets treated like a duck. This shouldn't be so surprising.

PS, Your experience as a luthier would have been the perfect jumping off point in getting to know the people here and earn some of the trust you balk at not receiving. Bringing it up now only to say that you won't be sharing your knowledge is no better than taking your proverbial ball and going home.

hmm, am probably going to get attacked myself now, but I thought this thread was getting somewhere to changing his mind - not sure the last post helped.

the guy is new on here, as am I. I dont have time to read every rule and procedure, and it takes time on any board to learn the etiquette. If he was blameworthy himself, then a PM would have been better.

As I read the thread, he came back after a break (we dont all spend every day glued to the PC) and answered as best he can.

Looks like a duck quacks like a duck.... sounds to me a bit like guilty until proven innocent - not a policy I live by to be honest.

Forums thrive on members, and new members at that. Lets try and keep people on board, and if you have a major disagreement with a post, keep it in a Private message to start with

By way of an example - take my dear old Mother - Dad retired, and she has (bless her) started getting really into computers and the internet. Decided to sell some old china on ebay. Now she is no scammer (I can assure you!), but her selling details were sparse - she had never used it before. Had some emails asking if she would ship to the US. Because she was new, she hadn't figured she could lock the bids down to UK only, so replied, politely "no". She then had a tirade of abusive emails and messages suggesting she should leave ebay alone (in less polite terms than that).... she doesn't touch it now...

Anyway, I've had some PMs back and forth with nohandles - I've been honest with him - if he's a scammer he aint welcome - if he isn't then jump on board. Other than that, I cant say one way or the other. But.... as a newbie on the board - give the guy a break!

series of events
-post 1: multiple ukuleles for sale; no pictures
-potential buyers request pictures of the instruments in question along with a timestamp and username
-on the 31st nohandle introduces himself
-on the 1st he replys to the introduce yourself thread(no reply to skepticism in his for sale thread)
-and 2nd he posts in the nylon bass string thread(no reply to skepticism in his for sale thread)
-today, the 6th, nohandle says he has been busy sending out resumes, and posts pictures of only one of the 3 ukuleles in question(no timestamp/username) then it becomes apparent he is asking $750? while MGM has them for $275 new

That is enough to cause concern, but to top it all off...

nohandles made a thread asking for pictures of peoples favorite ukes..
after everyone posts their pictures(nice pictures to offer as trades) he deletes his posts from the for sale thread(proof) and wants his account deleted

Nohandles: I hope this shows an outside perspective. I know you may not think this, but the people who gave you such a hard time would also apologize wholeheartedly, and in a heartbeat if you prove yourself legit in any way.

She then had a tirade of abusive emails and messages suggesting she should leave ebay alone (in less polite terms than that).... she doesn't touch it now...

tell your mom she doesn't have to stop using ebay because one buyer is rude; she is missing out on all of the other ebayers who are excellent.

same goes to nohands: you don't have to leave because a small fraction of users gave you skepticism; you'll automatically be dismissing the rest of the community, full of wonderful individuals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom