Song Help Request No Specific Song

fixedforbroke

Reaction score
Im looking for a nice song to learn to play this christmas for the family. My family is coming in town and they think that the ukulele has been a waste of my time. I already know while my guitar gently weeps and am looking for something on the same level or close. Basically i want my family to go :drool:

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Yes.

Don't worry about making them go :drool:

Just make them go :nana: and :cheers: and maybe even :smileybounce:

I know it's tempting, when people are dismissive and unimpressed, to try to get all fancy with difficult and flashy songs in order to impress them.

But I vote for taking one's ego out of the equation entirely. Instead of trying to get them to give you something (respect, admiration), focus on giving them something instead. Give them a good time. Let them see you're having fun, which gives them permission to have fun. Play songs they know. Get them to sing along. Teach a few of them a chord or two. Bring everyone together. Spread the ukulele love.

That's what music is all about.

JJ

Yes.

Don't worry about making them go :drool:

Just make them go :nana: and :cheers: and maybe even :smileybounce:

I know it's tempting, when people are dismissive and unimpressed, to try to get all fancy with difficult and flashy songs in order to impress them.

But I vote for taking one's ego out of the equation entirely. Instead of trying to get them to give you something (respect, admiration), focus on giving them something instead. Give them a good time. Let them see you're having fun, which gives them permission to have fun. Play songs they know. Get them to sing along. Teach a few of them a chord or two. Bring everyone together. Spread the ukulele love.

That's what music is all about.

JJ

Amen Brother JJ!

Top Bottom