Uke Minutes 67 - Note Bending Exercises

Hey everyone, forgot to put up a thread for this one last night, Uke Minutes 67 is about to make you bend!

Uke Minutes 67 - Note Bending Exercises

For a the specifics on bending notes on a ukulele, check out Uke Minutes 47 - How to Bend a Note. But for this week's episode, if you've got questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, alternate note bending exercises, or diet and exercise tips in general for people preparing for the holidays, post them below!

Great lesson thanks for this.

If I understand this right...

What I am trying to do is start on the G @ E string, slide from D to the G @ C string, then bend A to a G @ E string in the first example, so everything ends up G?

Also I am trying to figure out what the theory is for starting on the 2nd fret C string is.

For the first example, you are playing the riff in the key of G major.

Step 1: On the C string, slide from fret 2 (D note) to fret 4 (E note)
Step 2: On the E string, play fret 3 (G note)
Step3: On the E string, bend fret 5 (A note) up until it sounds like fret 7 (B note)
Step4: On the E string, play fret 3 (G note) to end.

So you can play this riff over a song that is in G major because all of the notes in the riff (D, E, G, A, & B) fall within the G Major Scale. This also means that if you line the pattern up over any of the notes on the E string, the notes of the riff will automatically fall within the notes of that scale!

For the notes on the A string, the pattern is slightly different (as shown for the example with C) but the concept is exactly the same.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
I don't know how I came up with the D to G forgot a few letters there....
I guess the bend is bigger than I was thinking too.

Still trying to figure out the by ear/notes on the fretboard thing.

Thanks again for spelling that out!!!

Top Bottom