New Uke On Its Way

lefty dan

Reaction score
Thought I would share my joy.

Ive been wanting a Martin SO uke but couldn't afford a new one. I think the new price is a little too much for what you get but a good used one at half the new price is just what I was looking for.
I bought a used SO yesterday and its on its way. I should get it by the end of the week ( I hope ). I will post photos when it gets here.

I love that the Martin SO generates so much talk. Some love them and some hate them. I have played three and all have had a good sound to them. I hope this one does too.

Speaking of Martins. I went to a birthday party yesterday and meet a lady that has a like new 1951 Martin. She bought it new in 51 and never played it. Said its in new condition. How cool is that.
Anyone know the value of a like new 1951 Martin uke?

Dan

Hello Dan,

my Martin is from between 1940 to 1950.
In very good condition. Sounds great - is easy playing.
Ask her to sell the uke.

100_3666-1.jpg

100_3887_edited-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the new (used) Martin, very nice ukes. Now comes the waiting.

Jack

Congrats to the Martin SO. I've heard it's a wonderful instrument.

I've been playing a Lanikai and a Mahalo ukulele for about a year now, and am now looking for something more prestigious. Coming from the rock side of music, playing bass and guitar for many years, I thought I'd go with the new Fender ukes, but had to find out that they have quality problems.

Maybe I'll try out Martin, since many people seem happy with them.

Thanks for sharing your joy. Really happy for you!

The Martin SO Uke,
I had one when I was starting out with the uke. I sold it because I thought Id rather play a larger tenor size. I now have been playing for a while and learned that Im a soprano guy. I wanted my Martin back .
I didn't have enough money for a new one. 339.00 Musicians Friend .
I had 200.00 Not a lot but its what I had. Also about what I think an SO is worth. Well I got it for about that plus shipping. So excited.

UkeFloh, Your uke is beautiful and looks to be in great shape.
She is thinking about selling. I think its worth about 700.0 is that about right? I havent seen it yet but surly cant aford that much. Im also a guitar player and have to deal with that habit.

The Martin SO Uke,
I had one when I was starting out with the uke. I sold it because I thought Id rather play a larger tenor size. I now have been playing for a while and learned that Im a soprano guy. I wanted my Martin back .
I didn't have enough money for a new one. 339.00 Musicians Friend .
I had 200.00 Not a lot but its what I had. Also about what I think an SO is worth. Well I got it for about that plus shipping. So excited.

UkeFloh, Your uke is beautiful and looks to be in great shape.
She is thinking about selling. I think its worth about 700.0 is that about right? I havent seen it yet but surly cant aford that much. Im also a guitar player and have to deal with that habit.

that 1951, if made of Koa, will go for much higher than 700.

Last edited:
Top Bottom