MMMMMMM Steinway Piano Soon.

wearymicrobe

Reaction score
I got my piano, have no idea how I got the price i did but a modern New York build would have been ~30K+

Put a deposit going to have it delivered on Wednesday is a 1920 Steinway 52 Mahogany/Spruce. The case had been refinished ~70%, new hammers, new key tops, new casters, new felt, all original ebony. I think it was a player that was converted at some point. Guy who owns it had ~8 grand Steinway grands in his repair shop being restored this. Pulled the whole case its really nice. Soundboard looks to be 1 inch think high spruce.

Everything else is perfect. The soundboard is great no dents or dings, the rear supports are what look like 6 6x6 ceder posts. But most importantly it just sounds AMAZING like nothing I have ever heard. Its warm and soft and still has a upper end that hits hard. The bass is down a little from what I expected.

Doing the happy dance. But Now I really Really need to sell some ukes.

3k83me3pb5O85P85S29b79977700695f511.jpg

Congrats! Looks like a beaut.

:shaka:

JJ

ABCDEFGABCDEFGABCDEFGABCDEFGABCDEFGABCDEFGABCDEFG With some flats thrown in for good measure.

And I thought for a second the black keys were just painted like on Schroeder's piano!

Top Bottom