Three New Original Songs

live2tivo

Reaction score
Because I have no self control (and apparently don't mind failing one of my English classes), here are three new songs from my novel.

I'm trying to get some different sounds, but I'm really only good with about 7 or 8 chords. In my brain, these all sound different, but I'd love to know if that holds true for people who aren't me.

The Tale of Princess Waverly (Written For A Friend's Daughter)
The Running Man (Written For The Hell Of It)
Whiny Breakup Song (Written Because It Wouldn't Leave Me Alone)

Also, I got a new uke this weekend! I don't get it until Christmas, but it's a concert uke, and it sounds FABULOUS. Is it Christmas yet?

Also, I got a new uke this weekend! I don't get it until Christmas, but it's a concert uke, and it sounds FABULOUS. Is it Christmas yet?

You can't tease us like that. What kind is it? We want details. :p

http://bit.ly/2xrGxA

It's pretty much glorious. I played it at the music store for about 30 minutes. They couldn't believe it when I went to buy it. I don't think they've ever met a ukulele player before. It was actually kind of funny. They were obsessed with finding a case (which I also got, and it's BEAUTIFUL and will protect my new uke so much more than the one Kaylee is in right now) and a book of chords (which, of course, I already have). I bought some strings, too, and my mom wants me to take it to get re-stringed the next time I'm home, so it'll be like that for Christmas. Can you say TORTURE? So close, yet so far away.

Then, my dad wanted to hear how it sounded, so I got to take it out of the box, tune it, and play it for another 30-45 minutes. Then, it went back into my parents' closet, never to be seen again until December 25th. (Seriously, though, I know exactly what I'm getting for Christmas, because I've purchased all of my own gifts).

That is so awesome! Congrats on the new uke! That has got to be pure torture waiting for Christmas to get here.

Now don't go neglectin' Kaylee. She's gonna need a new set of strings so she feels loved. Put a set of Aquilas on her...you will be amazed at how good they sound on those Mahalos.

That is so awesome! Congrats on the new uke! That has got to be pure torture waiting for Christmas to get here.

Now don't go neglectin' Kaylee. She's gonna need a new set of strings so she feels loved. Put a set of Aquilas on her...you will be amazed at how good they sound on those Mahalos.

Yeah, I really need to get some new strings on Kaylee. I think I'm going to do it when I go home over Thanksgiving. I don't trust myself to put on new strings (that's why I haven't done it yet).

Top Bottom