Stolen Ukes

papplehead

Reaction score
So I got some bad news today that my house was broken into while I was away and the burglars got away with 2 of my ukes, my Kamaka Soprano and my Koa Pili Koko concert along with my ibanez bass and a bunch more stuff. The worst part is that my Kamaka was signed by Jake when I saw him play this past summer. Im pretty bummed about it but fortunately I think it will all be covered by insurance. Does anyone have any uke related things that could cheer me up or give me any suggestions on how I could recuperate from this terrible loss?
Mahalos in advance

Oh man, sorry to hear that. The good news is that insurance covered it, so now if you wanted something other than what you had, you can buy a new uke! And the other piece of good news is that there are plenty of opportunities to see Jake if you live in Hawaii. Follow him on Twitter @JakeShimabukuro. He tweets about his shows often.

As bummahs! Whea on Oahu you stay? Da nice part is you know you can get one odda uke anytime. Try lissen to dis song to get your mind off what wen happen, real good fun!

Watch Craig's list. Let the pawn shops know. A Jake-signed Kamaka will stand out! In the meantime...fill your head with ukiness!

What a b*tch! Sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are in Hawaii and can at least go hear some music and, really, you are able to easily replace them when the insurance check comes through. Not so in Minnesota. Heck -- you could even drive to MGM.

Watch Craig's list. Let the pawn shops know. A Jake-signed Kamaka will stand out! In the meantime...fill your head with ukiness!

Agreed! I'll keep an eye out for it on ebay, and I'm sure other UU people will do the same, maybe we'll catch your ukes.

Wo what a hard blow. My heart goes out to you. I feel your pain. In the early 90's I had a guy break into my camper and take a 9000.00 banjo. Fortunately for me he wasn't the brightest tack on the block and tried to sell it in a jam I was in. I told him to wait while I got the 500.00 he wanted and brought the sheriff with me. Got it back fortunately.
I'll watch out for a listing of your Ukes.

I will keep a eye out and will alert you if i find anything. Scum like those people who broke into your house is what pollutes our island. Hopefully they get whats coming to them.

Thanks guys. Ive attached a pic of the Kamaka so keep a lookout on ebay and such. I love how this UU community is so great.

Attachments

• 0729091932.jpg
    0729091932.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 31
Do you have a record of the serial number? Icehead may even remove the Jake sig to make it more salable. I'll keep an eye open on local Craigslist. What part of Oahu you live. Can check nearest pawnshop for you if on Windward side.

Nope, not his. Compare pics. See light, dark, light grain stripes right forward of the bridge on his and no stripes on the craigslist one.

Dude, breaks my heart that this happened to you. In this world, bad things happen to good people. I speak from experience. But take heart, as this too shall pass. The one trick I've learned is to try and think about the bad things that happen to you like you will think about them 5 years from now. They won't be so painful then, so try not to let them be painful now.
Best of luck recovering your stuff. I wish I could say I had confidence of the Hawaii police that they will do anything. Sorry I can't. You probably know that already. Take heart that the UU crowd is on the lookout!

As bummahs! Whea on Oahu you stay? Da nice part is you know you can get one odda uke anytime. Try lissen to dis song to get your mind off what wen happen, real good fun!

haha, that even cheered me up...and I was already in a fine mood:)

Bummer. :(

Hope it gets back home safe and sound, papplehead.

Top Bottom