Can I wipe my uke with

ainokeato

Reaction score
A damp cloth? just the neck and the area where the sound hole thing is, just to get fingerprints and stuff off can't take pictures with a dirty uke! So I was just wondering if a damp cloth would be fine, then wipe off the water with a dry cloth.

Yeah, that should be fine - go easy with the pan scrub and the detergents though.;)

Ukantor.

If it's not too mucky, your own hot breath and a tissue might be all you need.

Ukantor.

Hmm I guess any product to polish wood would be ok? I have a spray for my guitar that is also used around the house on the furniture ;)

If you wouldn't clean your instrument with a 2x4, don't clean it with tissues, paper towels, etc. It's all just mashed wood fibers. Microfiber cloths are about a buck each in bulk and won't scratch.

--Mark

Martin guitar polish works well also but there is nothing wrong with a damp soft cloth either.

Yup, a 2x4 can damage your uke. You gotta be careful with those things.;)

Ukantor.

Lol I don't have fancy wood polish and what not, I just wanted to get the smudges and what not off, not with a paper towel no, just a dishcloth

honestly - buy some decent guitar polish - if you love your Uke dearly, the bottles dont cost a great deal, and a little goes a long way.

That said - I am either lazy, or a lover of the "lived in look". I have never polished any of my 5 guitars or 5 Ukuleles (or my banjo, or my mando) - I like the idea of patina and wear and tear building up - every nick scratch or ding on my instruments has a story behind it!

Top Bottom