PDA

View Full Version : Mainlands

mangorockfish
11-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Been on Youtube this afternoon and did some "playing along" with some of the videos. They were using some of the more expensive tenor ukes out there and I was using my Mainland concert. To me, my Mainland had just as nice of a sound as the "K" brands being used on the vids. I don't know where I'm going with this, just wanted to acknowledge the fact that Mainlands do sound great.

ritzer012
11-09-2009, 08:48 AM
i have to agree

when i was shopping for my koaloha i spent 20 minutes going back and forth between the koaloha and the mainland soprano because i thought the mainland might have even sounded better.

i decided to get the koaloha....

1) because it was gorgeous

and 2) because i had the money and thought that it would be easier to get money together for a mainland in the future than it would be to save for a koaloha again

ChamorroDT
11-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Well...I don't know if you can truly compare the sound of an Uke through YouTube videos, but I'm sure your Mainland sounds great - I notice a lot of comments towards how great they are here on UU.

bazmaz
11-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Mainlands are wonderful - I love mine - fit, finish, look, sound and price - all good!