you guys should ask for donations

Kaneohe til the end

Reaction score
seriously. GIVING away free stickers, GIVING away free ukes, cmon, i bet almost anyone active on this forum who CAN, WOULD donate to Rayan and Aldrine.

the ukuleles are given to them, i would definetly donate to both of them, although i cant explain the stickers :s - just great people

New webcam for Aldrine :D

i would be happy to give them $

Well the thing is guys, they had this site modeled after a man by the name of Gary Vaynerchuk. Who had like some wine TV library thing where he gave things away for free, and it was a place to gather to talk and learn about wine. And all of this was expense free

So, giving donations would be good, but the idealisms that the site was built on would be destroyed.

I would on the other hand like to give these guys some presents at Christmas. :D e.g. new webcam for aldrine

Well the thing is guys, they had this site modeled after a man by the name of Gary Vaynerchuk. Who had like some wine TV library thing where he gave things away for free, and it was a place to gather to talk and learn about wine. And all of this was expense free

So, giving donations would be good, but the idealisms that the site was built on would be destroyed.

I would on the other hand like to give these guys some presents at Christmas. :D e.g. new webcam for aldrine

Hey Hey Hey, if anyone wants to send us money, I'm down :D :p

It does cost money to run U.U. Hosting, this forum, other software, video tapes, etc. It adds up but to the three of us it's worth it. We feel that we can really make a difference in the world.

When you guys buy UU shirts and any other products we put out, tell your friends about the site and other things like that, it really helps us out.

We might put up a donate button in the future, but it's always be strictly voluntary. We won't charge for anything that's currently on the website.

You guys are offering a very complete package to us, from lessons to stuff to forums to fight with each other (karma -1 :eek: ). I hope that as long as the users continue to voice their appreciation, you will feel good about keeping it going. Putting up donations may be a good thing, just to give those that want to, an outlet for their appreciation. And as far as stuff goes, selling T-shirts for a profit is no problem at all, volunteering brings costs with it that have to be covered. Just keep those stickers as a free throw-in :)

Then again, if you manage to run a good community here, there is some gain in it for you guys as well: fame & oh no, not fortune if you keep it free... The point is: everyone happy!

Hey Hey Hey, if anyone wants to send us money, I'm down :D :p

It does cost money to run U.U. Hosting, this forum, other software, video tapes, etc. It adds up but to the three of us it's worth it. We feel that we can really make a difference in the world.

When you guys buy UU shirts and any other products we put out, tell your friends about the site and other things like that, it really helps us out.

We might put up a donate button in the future, but it's always be strictly voluntary. We won't charge for anything that's currently on the website.

what about voluntary donations? :D

Last edited:
So if we wanted to donate where would we do this Rayan?

My only donation to the UU will simply be kick-ass posts. Yep... Just kidding...yeh, I would be down to donate. Aldrine and Rayan spend a lot of their "free" time keeping the UU alive, breathing and fresh. They could be off watching TV or whatever, but choose to bring this site to us free-of-charge:D:D.

Those video lessons and uke minutes, for example, don't just magically make themselves. It is really easy to see the finished product and forget everything that goes into it. They take planning, creativity, thought, editing...etc etc...

My only question is....
Do Aldrine and Rayan plan to profit from this site in the long run?? I keep wondering this. It would only make sense....right? Who wants to work for free forever on something like this??

If the answer is "yes", I can only hope that just sections of the UU are for paying members in the future.....not the WHOLE site.

a donation button should definitely be put up! i would donate to help the site out. also, another way to donate is click some of the ads. that should help :D

Hahahahahahahaha

When will the webcam bashing end?! LOL

It's my mac mini. It doesnt have an audio jack nor does it have a built in iSight like the new macs that came out. So poor Aldy has to settle for usb webcam with poor quality. But isn't the audio from the m-audio fast track awesome?! :D

Donations to getting Aldrine a new mac will be greatly appreciated hahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahaha

It's my mac mini. It doesnt have an audio jack nor does it have a built in iSight like the new macs that came out. So poor Aldy has to settle for usb webcam with poor quality. But isn't the audio from the m-audio fast track awesome?! :D

yo aldy, i think the quick fix would be to purchase a lamp to set next to your camera so we don't see a dark mysterious figure anymore. :D

Hahahahahahahaha

so i'm not the only on with a macmini haha I literally don't know anyone else with one. xP

Top Bottom