Karma Function Added to the Forum

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
I just turned on the Reputation Function to the boards. Theres a little scale icon in the top right of each post. Click on it to bring up the Karma form.

If the person posted something really good, helpful, raise their reputation.

If someone posted something that offends you, or is just not nice, you can lower their reputation.

Good people deserve to be recognized, and not so nice people need to be put in their place.

Thanks everyone, try not to abuse this system so I don't need to turn it off. Hopefully this will keep this forum a happy place.

Last edited:
SWEET! I was hopin' there would be some kinda +rep available. ;)

I just turned on the Reputation Function to the boards. Theres a little scale icon in the top left of each post. Click on it to bring up the Karma form.

If the person posted something really good, helpful, raise their reputation.

If someone posted something that offends you, or is just not nice, you can lower their reputation.

Good people deserve to be recognized, and not so nice people need to be put in their place.

Thanks everyone, try not to abuse this system so I don't need to turn it off. Hopefully this will keep this forum a happy place.

Dang...now I have to stop being such a jerk.

Dang...now I have to stop being such a jerk.

HAHA yes, thats all part of the deal >_<

this is good. not to be hurtful on this meaning, but this will eliminate all the nonsenses posting and arguments.

*edit* Ryan, its actually on the top RIGHT of the post next to the red exclamation mark and computer above the join date, location, etc.

i couldnt find it thats why im adding a little bit more in haha.

Last edited:
is there a way to see the reputation, of ourselves and others?

Thats heaps good, will be funny to see how much minus reputation i get. Can you do it to yourself?

*edit*
it says this post has no reputation points so i guess you can't do it to yourself.

But on a much better note i have 11 reputation points
:D

Ah. So this is what those little green dots were underneath the post count. I had noticed them earlier today, and just thought they indicated that someone was online...but it made no sense that everyone was online at the same time.

Cool. It looks like everyone has about equal karma right now. I suspect Ryan's karma bar will grow a lot after we get those stickers in the mail. :)

hey guys remember to add comments to your rep approvals/disapprovals. I got a few that are just blank, and I don't know if it was a A or D.

Just so people know if they should improve their attitudes or keep doing what they're doing

hey guys remember to add comments to your rep approvals/disapprovals. I got a few that are just blank, and I don't know if it was a A or D.

Just so people know if they should improve their attitudes or keep doing what they're doing

You are unable to leave a disapproval without leaving a comment. Which is smart. You don't want someone running around rating everyone's posts with disapprovals without some feedback right?

I think it's safe to assume everyone approved of your posts dude :D:D

Just wondering a few things about this karma thing:
What are the distinctions with the reputation? If you have more disapproves then you get a red dot instead of a green one? Do you gain more green bars if people give you +rep? How do you level up? Does your HP go up each time you gain a level? can we get weapons/upgrades? haha I'm just playing around because I just never heard of that kind of feature before.

Last edited:
at least now people won't be worrying about post counts as much now. i guess this'll encourage more people to contribute greater information here on the boards :D

Just wondering a few things about this karma thing:
What are the distinctions with the reputation? If you have more disapproves then you get a red dot instead of a green one? Do you gain more green bars if people give you +rep? How do you level up? Does your HP go up each time you gain a level? can we get weapons/upgrades? haha I'm just playing around because I just never heard of that kind of feature before.

I have seen this feature on other forums. I believe everyone starts with something like +10 reputation. Your green bar grows longer when you get more karma. I don't know what intervals Ryan set each block to, but I guess we'll know after someone gets more than one block. (May I recommend we experiment on Deach.) And if you're not very well liked, and your karma drops to 0 or negative, I believe your green block turns red. And for some forums, mods can warn members too...which gives you massive red blocks.

I wonder if Ryan enabled the mod warn-stick powers...

I have seen this feature on other forums. I believe everyone starts with something like +10 reputation. Your green bar grows longer when you get more karma. I don't know what intervals Ryan set each block to, but I guess we'll know after someone gets more than one block. (May I recommend we experiment on Deach.) And if you're not very well liked, and your karma drops to 0 or negative, I believe your green block turns red. And for some forums, mods can warn members too...which gives you massive red blocks.

I wonder if Ryan enabled the mod warn-stick powers...

it doesnt seem that way cuz seeso and ryan's bars should be waaaaay up by now, kinda sucks that we cant that numbers tho

Top Bottom