6-string uke contest!

deach

Reaction score
Have you ever wanted to try a 6-string uke but didn't want to spend the money? Now's your chance.

Uke description - Mele/Kalia 6 string concert ukulele and case. About 6 years old. Has one little nick in the binding. Frets and fretboard are in good shape. It's all solid wood, made in Mexico.

The sides look burnt from poor luthiery skillz but it doesn't effect the sound.

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD-MtUbWkTo

Rules -
* Post a simple reply here (only one per member)
* Winner will be drawn out of a hat
* Contest ends Monday, November 16th, 9AM EST.
* Don't be a jerk. Only enter if you want to try it out or own one. Please don't enter if your intent is to sell the uke. If you don't like it, don't sell it, pass it on to someone else who'd like the opportunity to try one out.

Last edited:
Things like this make you a personal hero of mine.

I already have so many ukes, so I am not entering. I just wanted to let you know that what you have done for UU is wayyyy too cool.

I feel like I need to send you bacon and mayo.

I've been dying to try a six -string. A good friend of mine from the Islands has one that I played once when we were in college. I liked it a lot but only played it for about 2 minutes. Dying to play one on a longer term basis (if that makes sense).

And I agree with JumpingFlea, this is one of things that sets you apart from any other person in this world. It's awesome that you do things like this, just to share the love of the instrument.

Thanks Deach!!

Don't enter me either . . . just wanna pass on a very special Mahalo for what you've done to perpetuate the 'ukulele as well as the support you've provided for UU.

6 string contest

Hey Deach,

I'd LOVE to try a 6-string! I've never had the opportunity to even see one.

If I win, but don't like it, I'll ship it to the runner up, if you'll give me the address.

Aside: I've done a "permanent loan" recently with a fiddle I had. Couldn't get good on it, so I "lent" it to an up-coming professional. It's his---I just don't want him to just take it and sell it.

John

looks great deach...thanks for the shot!

Count me in, too, please. :)

I only have one uke (a tenor) and I think it's lonely for companionship from its own kind. I would love to try a concert and the idea of six strings really intrigues me, as I've played mandolin and know how full it can sound.

Thank you, deach. :D

Boy, do I need a new ukulele.
:crosses fingers:

I hereby enter the contest! I have never tried a six string uke before and it sounds interesting! :)

Thanks for holding the drawing!

Amazing contest, Deach.

After watching the Uke Minutes the other day about 6 and 8 string ukuleles, I started digging around looking for sound samples.

I'd love to throw my name in the hat for a shot at the ukulele!

As others have said, if I were lucky enough to win and later find the ukulele is not for me, I promise to re-host a contest here on UU.

Your continued generosity inspires.

mmmmm ukulele....What is it like inside a deach hat?!

this would be great for leading songs in my church group (loud chorusy sound)

thanks again for hosting another awesome contest!!! yo Da Man

wow! great prize, it looks a beaut. i'd like to be counted in, but if i don't win that' s OK, please give it to someone who really deserves something nice to happen to them.

i would like to be entered. thanks a lot for this wonderful oppurtunity

I've always wanted to try a 6 string! Count me in :shaka:

Top Bottom