If you could only play one song....

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
Let's say an evil wizard has cursed your ukulele.

It now can only play one song! (Oh no!) The good news is, you get to pick what that ONE song is....

So, what song do you pick and why?

I know that the joy of the instrument is trying all these different songs and learning as much as you can, but if you HAD to pick a favorite to play, what would it be?

That's a tough one. I like soppy, mournful love songs best of all, and my current fave is "I'm Through With Love", but if I could only play ONE I'd go for a happy love song - "I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me". It is cheerful, the lyrics are well written, the tune is uncomplicated, but not obvious, with a good bridge, and the chords complement the melody well.

I'm SO glad this is a hypothetical question.

Ukantor.

it's tough, but i'd have to say europa(once i finish learning it). santana is the man, and I could listen to that song all day.

James Hill's version of One Note Samba. Definitely my favorite song to play, and its a crowd-pleaser ;)

does this curse also give you the instant ability to play that one song? in that case it would have to be something super impressive....i'd pick bandito tyler i think

it's tough, but i'd have to say europa(once i finish learning it). santana is the man, and I could listen to that song all day.
What a great question! I would have to say, since it's an evil wizard responsible, "Evil Ways." That way, if RyRod and I ever got together, at least there would be two great Carlos songs going.

Has to be....

I'll See You In My Dreams

If it was good enough to be one of George Harrisons faves (and played at the end of his memorial concert by his closest friend) it's good enough for me.

Lovely tune too.

Whispering

For me it has to be "Whispering" I have about fifteen versions of it on my hard-drive and I never get bored listening to it.

Tutchi
:cool:

"While my guitar gently weeps". I can't play it now but that would be the one I'd pick.

At this season, "Christmas Eve in My Home Town".

All time, Wow that's a difficult choice.

I'll choose, ...

"Moonlight Becomes You".

Final answer? Not yet.

Will the Evil Wizard ever have a change of heart?

I really like the idea of a medely.

Besse Mi Mucho by Carlos uh can't think of his last name.:D I think that's how you spell the title.

It's not one song specifically, but when I pick up a uke, I most often end up noodling around with a standard blues progression, then adding variations. Does that count?

Has to be....

If it was good enough to be one of George Harrisons faves (and played at the end of his memorial concert by his closest friend) it's good enough for me.

Lovely tune too.

I agree. I am learning that one now. Has been a favorite for a while.

Has to be....

Lovely tune too.
That rendition made me gently weep. Good call.

Easy

I've been playing "Something" since 1969.

If all goes well I'll be playing it for another 40 years.

Top Bottom