Lanikai Demonstrator Wanted for NAMM '10

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
For those who don't know, the NAMM show is one of the largest music trade show in America. Hundreds of music and instrument companies come together to show off their new and latest products. If you are into music, it is the coolest event you could ever be at with tons of instruments to try and companies giving away tons of free shwag.

It will take place in Anaheim CA from January 14-17.

Lanikai asked us if we could help them find a demonstrator for the NAMM '10 trade show. This will get you into the trade show in exchange for promotion and performances at the Lanikai booth.

*edit* Lanikai will also pay for your airfare and hotel stay while you are helping them at the event!

Here is the criteria they are looking for:
1. Someone who can play the ukulele impressively
2. (more importantly) Someone who is very friendly, outgoing and can communicate effectively to people who stop by the booth

If you would like to enter, post your videos in this thread. Your videos should demonstrate why you should be chosen to represent Lanikai at NAMM '10. It does not necessarily have to be a new video but just one that I can show to the people over at Lanikai so they can decide who they want to bring up.

Final note: This isn't really a contest but I figured this would be the best section to put this thread. If Lanikai doesn't find what they are looking for they're not obligated to bring anyone from UU as their demonstrator. But I think it's really cool that there may be a chance for one of you to go to NAMM.

Here is more info on the NAMM show http://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2010

Last edited:
I know, but they're the best <3

Well hopefully someone from UU gets chosen because really NAMM is unreal. If you do a search on youtube, you'll see how awesome it is. Tons of mainstream musicians are presenters, performers and just walking around the floor.

Yes, hope that too :)

I'll ask Mr.Tube 'bout NAMM <3

Mahalo and good night for me and good day for you Rayan :shaka:

Last edited:
I think Jason Arimoto lives in LA, so do Dustin and Phillip.

I think if they like a video enough, they'll probably fly the person to LA and put em up in a hotel. I'll check to see if they will do that. And yeah, Jason, Dustin and Philip are awesome! I gotta email them to let them know.

This might sound like a silly question but I thought I would ask anyways.

Since I live in London, UK, am I still eligible or does the person have to be from the states?

Hmmm, it won't hurt to enter, but I'm not sure about their budget flying someone from the UK to Cali.

Confirmed, if someone from UU is chosen, they will pay for both airfare and hotel for the winner.

I nominate seeso. He already plays a Lani. They should take care of him for all the free advertising he's been doing for them.

good suggestion. Seeso, post your vid in this thread! I'm sending them a link to it so they can watch all the videos.

I nominate seeso. He already plays a Lani. They should take care of him for all the free advertising he's been doing for them.

I agree with Deach. Seeso is a wonderful person and an incredible musician and deserves a break like this!

If Seeso can't/won't do it I will!

Here's a vid of me playing one of their fine instruments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVgR-6YGRp4
There's a pile of wee videos there that show me being;
"very friendly, outgoing and can communicate effectively to people who stop by the booth"
Plus as all those marketing surveys say, a Scottish accent is considered the friendliest & trustworthiest accent to have...(that is if you can understand it!)

I'd even consider trimming my beard!!

There are a bunch of talented musicians here and it would be cool if someone from UU is picked. Yaahh! Represent, baby! I do agree and would love to see seeso get selected and it would be well deserved.

Top Bottom