The Thank a Helpful Member Thread

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
UU wouldn't be what it is today without the generous help of its members.

Use this thread to thank a member that helped you out!

My first thanks goes to Kanaka916. He may be the most under-appreciated person on these boards. A lot of what he does never gets noticed, much less thanked.

So thanks for all you do for the site, Kanaka916!

I have many many others, but my first thank you goes to bbycrts! You are a great guy who keeps us in the aloha spirit :) I have others, but I wanted to start with Bobby Curtis...(its really baby carrots)

There are so many. I'll be back here often. But I'll start with hoosierhiver, valerie, buddhuu, sven and two dogs plucking (yeah that's his username). And the mods.

Y'know, generally anyone who contributes by posting, answering questions, generating ideas with the aloha spirit. There are so many in this community... That's what keeps us addicted to this board.

Thank You Ken Middleton for helping me learn Blackberry Blossom!

Thanks to everyone here who has taken the time to put together tabs! & seeso for organizing them....I know it takes some time to do that & I really appreciate having a clickable list of tabs!

Thank you Dominator for Gypsy Ukulele.....Jeesh it's proving to be quite a challenge..lol

Last edited:
I have many many others, but my first thank you goes to bbycrts! You are a great guy who keeps us in the aloha spirit :) I have others, but I wanted to start with Bobby Curtis...(its really baby carrots)

Long live Bobby Carrots!

My predictable thanks goes to seeso. He often throws himself into situations he really would rather not be in and is always around to help others. Since i've been here it's been easy to keep the positive vibes going when he's always setting good examples.

Seeso's right in saying that Kanaka doesn't get the credit he's due. I know that i'm thankful to have mods who care so much. So a big thank you to all of you.

Finally - Buddhuu hasn't directly helped me but if you go into the Beginner sections then it's hard to find somebody that he hasn't already helped. Great work, man.

Everyone here is very awesome! A special shout out to 1014 for helping me with a string thing.:)

Seeso, JJ, Ken, Dom, Kanaka916 have either helped me personally or I have benefited from the help they have shared in response to questions from others.

The same is true of plenty of other peeps too. If you ever helped me, or posted something useful that I may have seen, THANK YOU ALL! :D

I really want to thank everyone who has the courage to put vids up on youtube. You serve as an inspiration and fountain of knowledge for those of us coming to the scene. Watching you all play reminds me of how good the uke can sound. Thank you.

It might be more general, but it would take too long to list every one individually.

I'd like to thank all my helpful people :)

adellethegreat
africatwin07
ahnkochee
alndrkmp
AotearoaForever
ArmyOfCuteness
auntiewacky
boozelele
BornAgainJeeper
boskohoney
brunopcl
buddhUU
casetone2514
celiaspyder
cocovaporubs
cornfedgroove
ctrymaus
deach69
deadheadmon
degcon
diezo808
Dominatoruke
DominicFoundTheMoon
errol4bz
facemeltingukulele
fgyar
flazmdee
fourteentwelve
FranSpain
futurebandtv
GrumpyCoyoteTunes
guitarjamzdotcom
HaileISela
helloukulele
helveticaukes
hoosierhiver
iamdanielle
irvingjohn
jeskridge
JTPokie
KamaLei3759
kc8afw
ken6675
KenMiddletonUkulele
kissing88
koyama46
krabbers
learninguke
lisaxy424
LittleUkuleleMonster
lukuleles
MacGirvan
mongowatneymeyer
monk202
mrjackwang
musicguymic
NatalieLin6
okvolleyball
Pebbl3s
pnaigrlrizz
princessandgoblin
russbuss415
SailQwest
seeso
SEUkers
Sheepstar15
SmokeyStubbs
Speakerheart
TheCoffeeJunkee
TheUkeMan
ukebucket
ukecrazybitches
UkeIndy
ukeKaLori
ukeninja1
ukeshale
UKISOCIETY
UkuleleHill
UKULELejAMMING
UkuleleJJ
ukuleleoversoul
ukuleleunderground
williedeuel
Zwoko

Wow! Thanks Andy!

I've met so many incredible people here; I don't want to leave anyone out!

UkuleleHill, Ukeshale, Sukie, Salukulady, Cashew, LisaXY454, MisoHappy, Link, OKVolleyball, Ukulelezo, Uketreehugger, Haolejohn, Bratset, JTUkes, Hankthetank, Faricelli, Ukisociety - I am so glad to have you guys as a part of my day - you all bring smiles to my face all the time. Group Hug!

And Seeso - I bet you get mentioned in every other post here, but you are incredible, my friend! You are such a huge part of keeping the aloha flowing in this place!

My special thanks go out to Deach. We've never met, and he may not have helped me directly, but his is the spirit of UU. We should all be so "deachy"....

Wow! Thanks Andy!

I've met so many incredible people here; I don't want to leave anyone out!

UkuleleHill, Ukeshale, Sukie, Salukulady, Cashew, LisaXY454, MisoHappy, Link, OKVolleyball, Ukulelezo, Uketreehugger, Haolejohn, Bratset, JTUkes, Hankthetank, Faricelli, Ukisociety - I am so glad to have you guys as a part of my day - you all bring smiles to my face all the time. Group Hug!

And Seeso - I bet you get mentioned in every other post here, but you are incredible, my friend! You are such a huge part of keeping the aloha flowing in this place!

;) But you have a great list of my top peeps!

Every member here is part of something big! Without the members keeping UU alive, the forum would've faded into internet obscurity. So many friendships wouldn't exist, so many songs would go unlearned or unwritten, and so much knowledge would never find its way to others if it wasn't for this living, breathing community.

Even the folks who only come here to ask questions deserve a pat on the back. Without them, the answers are just stewing in someone's brain and there'd be no reason to post them. If you've ever used the search function and found an answer, chances are someone was in the same boat as you and put their question out there. Anyone who sticks around and posts something worthwhile in some way deserves my respect. :D

Deach helped me when we were in the adoption process last year. I was going to be a father for the first time and was getting kind of panicky. Deach gave me some advice that helped me immensely. 11 months into fatherhood I see he knew what he was talking about.

Thank you, Deach.:)

A big thanks to ricdoug. He does a great job with the pics of all the events he attends. Also for all the amp, mic, electronics info he shares.

I know he gets thanked a lot in this forum, but I'd like to thank MGM for picking out, setting up and selling to me a wonderful Kala acacia tenor ukulele. I also want to thank the great people who helped me decide what to buy by responding to my "what to buy" posts: buddhuu, ichadwick, mokai, mailman, redsedge, kuribashi, ukeskywalker79, NewMexicoDawG, ukisociety, ukantor, and molokinirum (I hope I got everyone). This is an awesome forum!

Top Bottom