Hey guys

Angelikas

Reaction score
Had a Uke for a few months myself, I'm from Adelaide in South Australia, not too common an instrument in these parts, I go crazy for Taimane Gardner and look forward to reaching some level of ability to play anywhere near as skilled as her.

You guys are a great bunch the help and tutorials have been so useful, thanks gang.

E Komo Mai, Adelaide! Glad to have you here.

Taimane blows my mind - I love searching for vids of her playing on the street in Waikiki.

Welcome to UU!

Welcome! :)

New Member to Newest Member, "Welcome to UU".:cool:

What's up brudaah, welcome to UU. I grew up in Sandbridge Beach for most of my life. Small world, welcome to the Underground!

G'day Chris,
How's my old uke going?I must admit i can't find another like it anymore.They only make them in a gloss finish now and the sound is no where near as deep and rich as the one you have.Welcome my furry little friend and enjoy!

hahaha well hey there!
So far seems i can strum out with a good reggae strum "somewhere over the rainbow" sure i still fumble here and there between chords but i'm progressing.
I have been also working on Misty that one is alot of fun.. but I think I need to get my head into scales, that seems to be my real interest.. the strumming away at chords does not do it for me.

Do you guys think one needs to learn basic chord strumming before being able to learn scales and tremolo? Thanks again to Seeso for the help, you seem to be a big part in helping people develop their skills.

practice practice practice.

Also I went to a local ukulele gathering that was interesting to say the least, all over 50 and folk style i was definitely out of place :D

I think you can learn both strumming and scales at the same time! There's no rules to this stuff.

Top Bottom