ATTN: Louisville, KY area uke players - good selection of Makala Dolphins

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
Music Go Round in Louisville has a good selection of the plastic Makala dolphin ukes currently in stock. I saw every color except green there. $30 each! Not strung with Aquilas, like MGM provides, but still...

I'm not connected with Music Go Round in any way. Usually they don't have a nice uke selection. But now's the exception.

They also have a used "Nice" brand acoustic Koa cutaway - soprano/concert sized. Awesome sound, if you keep the instrument away from your body - a lot of the sound is dependent on the back. It was priced at $339. You can usually talk them down a few bucks.

Just FYI.

I can now vouch that the Dolphins are fun little ukes. Now that the backs and sides are made of molded plastic they are the perfect durable knockabout uke.

They're not quite Fleas, but at the price differential they shouldn't be. But they are supremely cool. If I lived close to Louisville I would be buying some to give as Christmas gifts.

Hmmmm... might have to pick up a couple next time I'm up that way. They make great stocking stuffers!

Back when I lived around there, I don't think Music Go Round existed. (Merry Go Round did, but that's another story...) I was always a Far Out Music and Mom's Music kinda guy, with an occasional foray over to the Doo Wop Shop. :D

JJ

Hmmmm... might have to pick up a couple next time I'm up that way. They make great stocking stuffers!

Back when I lived around there, I don't think Music Go Round existed. (Merry Go Round did, but that's another story...) I was always a Far Out Music and Mom's Music kinda guy, with an occasional foray over to the Doo Wop Shop. :D

JJ

I don't know Far Out Music, but Mom's and Doo Wop Shop are going strong, both with multiple locations.

Top Bottom