PDA

View Full Version : Any 1 here got Lanikai CK-T or the Lanikai Flamed Maple Tenor

Paolo2299
11-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Does any one here have the

Lanikai CK-T:
Laminate Koa Back Sides and Top
Tenor

Lanikai Flamed Maple Tenor:
Solid Spruce Top
Maple Back And Sides
Tenor

Can you guys give me a little review and which ukulele is better?

I can't go any higher price.
They are the only ukes i can get hold off here in New Zealand

This will be my 3rd uke. My first one is a $10 New Zealand dollars so about $5 US Dollars and my 2nd 1 is another cheap one for about $50 New Zealand dollars so about $25 US Dollars.

paw123los
11-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Does any one here have the

Lanikai CK-T:
Laminate Koa Back Sides and Top
Tenor

I have a CK-TEQ tenor. It is all laminate koa cutaway with a shadow active eletronics. I use D'Addario strings on this one (instead of the stock GHS strings). It is a very nice ukulele -it sounds very nice and mellow, but doesn't have impressive sustain and is not to loud when compared to kala acacia, or pono pkt-1 not mentioning my makapili tenor, but it is really nice and pleasure to play. It sounds awesome amplified - shadow nanoflex pickup really does the job.

You can check the Mango on some of WS64 youtube videos - I think it sounds really nice - but I can't really compare it ot CK-TEQ because WS64 use totally diffrent strings (worth browns I think).

I think the spruce top version will be the best choice - spruce top gives a lot of powerfull bright sound.
I hope I was helpfull :)