Dueling Banjos Eastern Style!

Russ Sonny Kemner

Reaction score
As a novice stringed instrument musician, I have got to appreciate this - eastern version of dueling banjos. Even though they are not banjo's or ukuleles, still good musicainship - not too shabby for 3 strings.

Enormous tuning pegs aside, pretty unique instruments and fast playing...impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5rs7pfZuPs&NR=1

...someone should teach them "I'm Yous" /ducks

ooOooO none the less very impressive!! i think maybe wrong thread...not much uke talk though...

Tired old cliche or no, I love duelling banjos. It's a tune everyone can join in and have a laugh with.

My band's version includes ukulele and saxophone. Maybe we should add in some more exotic instruments! :D

Thats cool, but what is that they are using to pick with?!?

That "pick" does look like an ice scraper! Also, no frets? And some kind of sling thingy between first finger and thumb on left hand? Pretty amazing stuff.

I was wondering the same thing. Looks like an ice scraper you would use on your windshield LOL!
The "ice scraper" is called a bachi.

That "pick" does look like an ice scraper! Also, no frets? And some kind of sling thingy between first finger and thumb on left hand? Pretty amazing stuff.

I imagine the 'sling thing' is to help the hand slide over the neck. I rigged something like that up to help me when I was playing my electric guitar. Stage lights are frickin HOT.

Top Bottom