Hi from Chicago

GregL

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name's Greg, and I'm new. I've been playing the ukulele for about two weeks and found this site early on in searching when I was having a hard time getting anything sounding good working out of the little booklet that came with the instrument. Still overwhelmed by everything that's here and linked to from here, but I'm enjoying the exploring.

My ultimate goal with the ukulele is to play on stage with Jonathan Coulton. More immediately and realistically is the creative outlet angle. I'd like to be able to play songs. I also sing and write songs (well, lyrics) and would like to be able to write music and accompany myself.

Hey Greg! :D

I'm so happy to have another uker in Chicago! The Chicago Ukulele Group...or CHUG!...has a monthly meet-up open to anyone, and would love to have you there!

Check out this thread for updates/times, etc...our next one is November 21st - hope to see you there! :)

~Lisa

Welcome GREG!! your goals sound great...hopefully Ukuleleunderground can help you out with achieving them!!

hey Greg. Welcome! I have only been playing for a couple months now. So, i am a noob too.

Hi Greg.
Welcome to UU. As Lisa already said, you are more than welcome to come to our Chicago Uke Jam. We have a really fun little group that comes out every month. Hope to see you there.

Hello Greg! :)

Hi! I live in the Chicago area too. So I guess I can't really help you with anything, because I've also only been playing for about two weeks also, but I guess I just wanted to say hello =)

Hi! I live in the Chicago area too. So I guess I can't really help you with anything, because I've also only been playing for about two weeks also, but I guess I just wanted to say hello =)

Rachel welcome to UU. We have a really great group of uke players in Chicago. It doesn't matter if you have been playing for 2 wks, 2 months, 2 years-this group is really fun and supportive. Check out this thread for the Chicago Uke Jam that take place once a month in the city. The next uke jam is this coming Saturday (Nove 21st.) Details are on this page.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13159&page=19

We hope you can make it out. If not this weekend, then maybe the next. Again, welcome to UU:)

Hey Rachel! Hope to see you around at the jam sometime - it'd be great to have another girl in the group! :D

Top Bottom