Jake's show in Michigan = Phenomenal

RyRod

Reaction score
I just got home from Jake's amazing performance at the Ark in Ann Arbor. Again, all the stories you hear about Mr. S are true. He's a very humble guy. He's telling jokes, stories, etc....

The house was packed:

img2014d.jpg

img2006vf.jpg

I saw a few people from the Underground and was happy to finally meet them. Seeso saw me wearing my UU shirt and being the super friendly guy he is, came up to me and introduced himself. Danielle(IamDanielle) was also there.
Seeso (if you can make him out of my blurry picture)(lighting wasnt too great)
img2012r.jpg

He played his new song, Annon to open things up.
Other songs were:
blue roses falling
gently weeps
5 dollars unleaded
me and shirley t
orange world
let's dance
in my life
norewegian wood(had some awesome effects)
piano forte
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY (which he just arranged a few weeks ago)
and ended with some Ave Maria(unplugged)

Last edited:
I had great seats, right in line with his stool. I got to watch his masterful hands make that beautiful ukulele sing.

img2005d.jpg

I took my father because one of my friends ending up having to work. My dad's words were, " That was phenomenal, tell your friend he really missed out".

After, Jake took time out to talk with everyone as usual.

img2018e.jpg

He's a great guy and I thank him for coming to our state to spread the ukulele love.

img2019.jpg

If he's coming to a town near you; DO NOT PASS UP ON THE CHANCE TO SEE HIM!

Last edited:
I just got home from Jake's amazing performance at the Ark in Ann Arbor.

He played his new song, Annon to open things up.
Other songs were:
blue roses falling
gently weeps
me and shirley t
orange world
in my life
norewegian wood(had some awesome effects)
piano forte
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY (which he just arranged a few weeks ago)
and ended with some Ave Maria(unplugged)

If he's coming to a town near you; DO NOT PASS UP ON THE CHANCE TO SEE HIM!

Thanks for posting your review...I'm really looking forward to seeing him play on the 22nd in Southern California. It will be my first Jake concert, and I'm glad I won't be disappointed. :)

"norewegian wood(had some awesome effects)"

When I saw him a few weeks back at the Jazz fest in San Francisco I was surprised to see that he was using a looper on a few songs. Norewegian Wood being one of them. He is really making good use of it. It was awesome to say the least.

Glad you enjoyed your first time seeing and meeting Jake. Many more to come I'm sure.

Definitely many more.

I had my dad represent your GOT TABS tee there as well Dom. Jake loved it.

Yea, the looper, I forgot what it was called. It was awesome, he'd play one part of the song, loop it, then take his hands off his uke, like he was magically playing it. Everyone got a kick out of it.

I second everything RyRod said and apologize for not introducing myself :p I was in shock for the majority of the time - I expected to meet Jake but didn't expect to meet Seeso as well...! Incredible concert and no number of youtube videos can do him justice.

Seeso was there too????? Holy Cow.

Didn't we tell you that Jake's concerts were the greatest?:D Glad you liked it.

Yep, it was awesome to finally meet you as well.

My dad is still talking about how he had a great time last night and how jake's performance was amazing.

...Clearly I need to pay more attention to who's playing at the The Ark. I work two blocks away from the place! :(

Yaaaaaay!!! I still can't get over how fantastic the last 24hrs has been. Meeting Henry, Seeso, Grant and Ryan was wonderful and Jakes show couldn't have been better. I'm also so glad that I got the chance to take Seeso and Henry out after the show!

(Expect a fun little surprise from Seeso, Henry and me sometime soon. :) )

Yaaaaaay!!! I still can't get over how fantastic the last 24hrs has been. Meeting Henry, Seeso, Grant and Ryan was wonderful and Jakes show couldn't have been better. I'm also so glad that I got the chance to take Seeso and Henry out after the show!

(Expect a fun little surprise from Seeso, Henry and me sometime soon. :) )

Danielle, It was so great to meet you as well. What a fun time at the show, then to the alley where we hung out with your friends as well as the Joaquin Phoenix lookalike. And who can forget Spence, the Vietnam War Vet. The Hippie Hash was great at the diner (Thank you so much for that). And our little jam session was so much fun. I can't wait to hang with you again.

I hope this Jake kid comes to Hawai'i one day, I'd like to see him perform to see what all the hubbub is about.

Jake's Bohemian Rhapsody blew my mind!!!

Top Bottom