new Koolau soprano

clayton56

Reaction score
I just heard that Koolau has a new koa soprano, either KS or SK, and priced under their regular line.

The only difference I can see from MGM's description is friction tuners, looks like a nice instrument.

IMO, Ko'olau is grossly overpriced even for KS models.

I just went to their web sight and wow there are some beautiful Ukes on there. If I ever find a new job again I'm going to have one of their custom Ukes. Sorry for the side track just had to comment.

Can we see some pictures? Doug

Wow I highly disagree. IMO one of the most consistent, great tone uke makers on the islands. Find me another company that still does french polished finishes and construction to there specs at a lesser price.

Expensive yes but probably the only ukulele maker that I will buy over the internet without a sound test, they are just that good.

"Gonna have to go ahead and sorta disagree with you there..." (in Office Space Lumberg voice)

Sound wise, I put my T-1 tenor ahead of my Kamaka tenor and my Kanilea tenor. It is excellent in sound and in craftsmanship. Definitely worth the price.

I'm anxious to try one because of their reputation. I may go for their Model 1 because I'm not looking for koa right now, and it will have to be special-ordered.

Each maker has their own conception of sound, and finding the one(s) best for me is important. I like the Ponos so far, and something like that with some extra magic would be nice.

Top Bottom