Six months later...

spots

Reaction score

Last edited:
I never posted an introduction post when I joined.

I've played various musical instruments over the years. I picked up the uke becuase I wanted something smaller, lighter, a bit more quiet than my main instrument - which is quite loud. After all, it is nice to have people stay in the same room with you when you play a tune or song.

My musical tastes vary widely. I don't sing well, and I am not one to post videos. I do love contributing songs, and believe strongly in helping others along as is within my ability. Lots of people have helped me over the years. I appreciate that the concepts of sharing and helping others are key parts of this site and the forums.

Even though I've played a lot of instruments over the years, I never had much instruction in musical theory. Most of my instructors worked from the standpoint of memorizing songs. Well, there were those Solfege hand signs they taught us in elemetary school... Those may work if you are Richard Dreyfuss introducing yourself to aliens in Wyoming, but I have yet to figure out how they help one to easier to play an instrument.

A big "Thank You" to the UU admin and staff for all their work and time in making this site and the forums possible, and a big "Thank You" to all the forum members for making these forums friendly, helpful, and instructive.

It's great to have you here and that you understand the concept and main focus of UU :)

Welcome to UU spots!
You should check out the Poho thread and UUminijams, I bet you would like those :p

Top Bottom