Aquillas to Martins

6stringconvert

Reaction score
Just replaced the Aquilla strings on my cheap and cheerful Kala KA-C.

I was concerned that the Martin Clears were going to be very quiet - as the soprano/concert strings are almost half the size.

Boy was I wrong. These new strings punch the volume out, a real pleasant surprise.

I'll have to bed them in properly for the definite judgment - but so far so good.

6sc

Are those the older style Crystal Nylon or the newer Fluorocarbon? I like the fluoro on my Flea.

they are the Flurocarbons:

102008.gif

Cheers, 6sc

I will have to check my local music store. Last time I used them I hated Martin strings, but I don't remember if they were fluorocarbons. I am currently using Worth Clears and I really like them a lot. I tried the Aquilas but I was not a big fan of those either.

Wow, I'm surprised. I always had a bad impression of Martin ukulele strings. The ukes I've played in the past that had them sounded pretty bad. Maybe it's because these are "New". I wonder if they are similar to Worth Clears? I've tried the worth clears and like them a lot.

Thanks for the post.

My Sopranino likes Martin Flourocarbons. It gives the tiny uke more volume. In my opinion, Martins do sound better as they settle in and I find it hard to replace old Martin strings 'cause thats when they're at their best.
My regular sized sopranos (Lanikai LU-11 and Pineapple) use Fremont flourocarbons.
Ernest

Top Bottom