Tiny Tim - Lefty and righty

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
If you go to youtube and watch Tiny Tim play "snake gully swagger" he plays the guitar right handed and then plays the ukulele left handed. Never noticed that he plays lefty. Does anyone know why he did this? I am left handed but play guitar and uke right handed. I've noticed alot of lefty guitars and ukes ,why is this? I've never seen lefty violins ,cellos or upright basses. Why play guitar right handed and ukulele left handed?

He's a switch hitter.

Check out the Tiny Tim archive site. You are more right than you think. ewwww

As to the question at hand, I knew he played uke lefty. Switching to right for guitar? That's as odd as the man himself.

I always suspected he went both ways.

My guess is that this is not his guitar, and that he, like many lefties, can play it either way. Now I can't decide if this great entertainer is weirder than I thought, or exactly as weird as I thought. By golly, though, I am sure learning a lot more than I ever dreamed I would about this complex man. Notice the baritone vocal treatment in the song with the trademark falsetto "whoops" thrown in. Give the people what they want! That's our Tiny... always giving.

I emailed the Tiny Tim.org website and asked about him playing right and left handed. Here is the reply -

Tiny taught himself to play and write left and right handed. He told me
he did it to stimulate both sides of his brain. I've also seen him play
his Ukulele right handed in the Ironside tv pilot. Thank you for your
question.

Ernie

I emailed the Tiny Tim.org website and asked about him playing right and left handed. Here is the reply -

Tiny taught himself to play and write left and right handed. He told me
he did it to stimulate both sides of his brain. I've also seen him play
his Ukulele right handed in the Ironside tv pilot. Thank you for your
question.

Ernie
That is soooooooooo Tiny...

Top Bottom