Dragon Age

Wow.

I'm not much of a fantasy RPG fan, but - wow. Bioware hit this one out of the park.

Some annoying things about the targeting/spell/skill system, and as usual with Bioware, the game is super "talky" (they need to yap less and fight more - a little less R and more P and G please), but other than that I give it a solid B so far. Once I remembered the subtitles and that X skips the conversation animation, it sped things up quite a bit.

I was a little surprised to see content available for purchase just a few hours after release (didn't I just pay you guys $50? Now you want $15 more?). I haven't bothered with that stuff - I'm assuming I can go back later.

Honestly, I thought this was going to be aweful but I'm very happy so far.

So do you consider this game a replacement for the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion game? I was thinking about buying DA but wanted to wait for more reviews to come out.

A little early to tell but so far this is easily on par with Oblivion - if not better. That is, assuming the targeting system problems are user error (I suspect they are).

And Oblivion is one of the few "recent" fantasy RPGs I played all the way through, and then re-played. They claim that this is larger in scale and length.

My husband has this game and it looks pretty cool. I'm a WoW freak but I might try it out.

I just beat the game the other day. It was pretty cool, but it was kinda confusing and glitchy.

I just beat the game the other day. It was pretty cool, but it was kinda confusing and glitchy.
My husband just finished it last night. It was pretty cool. He was playing a low quality on he got online for his PC. Even still, it was dope.

Playing on the xBox, not glitchy so far. The controls are far better on the PC version.

Some typical Bioware flaws (skill/spell trees force you to take crap choices) and I HATE the "everything drops treasure" metaphor (c'mon guys - it's as old as dirt and boring as hell) - but those are minor compared to the great content.

Played all weekend and still love it. Just a great game. Hope they add more classes and a few more quests soon.

My brother was the console producer on this game, so I'm a little biased! :D

I haven't had much chance to play so far (just got it yesterday), but so far it's a great game. Keep in mind that the PC and console versions are pretty different - the PC version is more intense and more like a strategy version (think intense Baldur's Gate) while the console versions are for more casual gamers, although still pretty intense.

Which version are you guys that are having glitches running?

is this a game about dragons? is it available for PS3?

is this a game about dragons? is it available for PS3?

Sort of and YES.

I have it on the PS3. I have 3 characters I use.

Beat it with my Elf, Commoner, Warrior.

About 15 hours in with my Elf, Dalish, Rogue.

Just started a Human, Mage too.

This is up there with KotOR and Oblivion in my book.

Sort of and YES.

I have it on the PS3. I have 3 characters I use.

Beat it with my Elf, Commoner, Warrior.

About 15 hours in with my Elf, Dalish, Rogue.

Just started a Human, Mage too.

This is up there with KotOR and Oblivion in my book.

If you want to sale the game send me a PM. I'll buy it from you when you get tired of it. I checked out the site and it looks interesting. i ahve always liked dragons.

If you want to sale the game send me a PM. I'll buy it from you when you get tired of it. I checked out the site and it looks interesting. i ahve always liked dragons.

I have a problem with good games... Haha I never really stop playing them! I still have Oblivion and every now and again I make a new character.

So I doubt I'll sell the game, but if I do, I'll be sure to PM you.

This is the game your talking about right? http://dragonage.bioware.com/
Just checking, I'm think of getting the Xbox version for my son for Christmas.

Understand, there are plenty of dark and arguably "mature" themes in there, including romance story-lines and a brothel. Not to mention the lopping off of heads, copious blood gouts, demonic possession, assassinations, betrayals galore, and gasp... politics.

Part of the entire theme is moral ambiguity... and of course chopping things up with swords.

Personally, I love it, and think most kids see worse on prime time TV. But I have no kids, - and some parenting types are sensitive to this stuff. Caveat emptor and all that.

I finished it once and my wife 3 times already. The game is very good, but I would have like to play KotOR 3 better.

Top Bottom