Loose C String

p0nam

Reaction score
Hi, This is my first post on UU. :D i just got my first and new uke today!! Anyways I have no clue on anything at all but when i tune my uke, iit works well, but when i tune the C string i have to loosen the string up in order to get the right sound, my other strings are nice and tense, is that how it is supposed to be? any advice will be appreciated [:

Not sure if it I'm understanding exacty, but on some of my ukes, the gears on the C string tuner "sticks" a little and I have to loosen it a bit and retighten to get it right... which kinda sounds like what might you are doing. I've noticed this on the C strings on a couple ukes... so it might be something that happens with the c string... or it might just be a coincidence. I don't really know... but I just deal with it.

Oh, and welcome to posting! and enjoy that uke!

happens on that string on 3 of my ukes, mix of geared and friction tuners. the ukes range from bargain junk to a Flea - they all do it - I put it down to Aquilas and the thickness of that string.

The C string isn't all that tight when its up to proper tension. Just to be safe how about going to the music shop or a music shop and ask them to tune it for the first time? That way you will know for sure how it should sound.
And,Here is a link with the sound each string sounds like
http://www.get-tuned.com/ukulele_tuner.php

Top Bottom