PDA

View Full Version : How To Install a Strap Button On a Fluke?

WhenDogsSing
11-13-2009, 11:51 AM
I told Countrymouse that I would help her out by doing a setup job on her Mahalo ukulele as we both live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am going to do that for her tomorrow. She has asked me what I thought about installing a strap button on a Fluke with a plastic body.

Anyone got any ideas on how to go about doing that? She doesn't have the ukulele yet so it won't be done tomorrow.

dave g
11-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Never done it, but my first thought would be to drill & tap for a machine screw thread.

JT_Ukes
11-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Never done it, but my first thought would be to drill & tap for a machine screw thread.

:agree: :agree:

that would be my thought as well..

SweetWaterBlue
12-19-2009, 05:49 AM
Didn't see any follow up on this now old thread, but if the plastic sides/bottom are the same thickness as the lip that protrudes above the top a wee bit, there would not be much thickness to put threads into. There may be ledge under that lip, so the plastic on a flea/fluke may be thicker than that. Anyone know how thick the plastic is?

leftovermagic84
12-19-2009, 06:35 AM
I never measured, but I have a strap button in the bottom of my fluke and it holds up just fine. I installed it the same way I've installed it in all my wood ukes, just measure, mark, drill, and install.

deach
12-19-2009, 06:36 AM
I'd call them. They're very nice and quite helpful.