Greetings from Richmond, VA

sgolden

Reaction score
Been lurking awhile, figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Scott and I reside in Richmond, VA. I hit the big 40 next month and made the decision to do something productive with my life, so I picked up the guitar again in Jan. 2009 and the uke for the first time not long thereafter.

Currently, have a Taylor 314CE and a Lanakai S-TEQ uke. I also have a little Martin LX-1E that I play while kicking back on the couch.

I have two children (boys--7 and 3) and my hope is to get them into music so they can jam with me. I have a pretty large basement that has a pool table and doubles as my music room where I have a small PA set up. As you can imagine, it gets a lot of use on the weekends when friends come over.

I would love to play in front of people sometime, that is a lifelong dream. However, right now I'm navigating my way around both instruments. I'm finding the uke a little easier to pick up and have made the decision to learn as many holiday tunes as I can so I can perhaps play a few at a party or two--albeit after a couple of drinks of liquid courage.

I'm glad I came across this site. I've learned a lot by just reading. Perhaps once day, I'll have enough guts to post a video or two.

If anyone from central VA is on here, shoot me a note. I've would love someone to jam with.

Thanks all and happy strumming.

SG

Welcome, Scott! Deach, RON<>VA, and josuegroundhog are all in Virginia, I believe.

Welcome! I live up near Washington but get down to the Richmond area once in awhile. If there's ever a jam down that way, I might make the trip.

--Mark

I go to school about an hour away from home, but I live in Richmond.

Welcome to UU! I would love to play in front of people, too...right now I have to get myself to branch out beyond Elephant Town!

Hi Scott. Welcome. :)

Top Bottom