begginer to intermediate player

thatguywiththeukulele

Reaction score
how can you tell if someone has broken out of the beginner stage of uke playing and became a medium skilled player?

they stop saying how bad they are :D. I suppose it would depend on how good you think a medium player would be - there's a few on here who make me go :eek::p

Very hard to tell and it all depends...

I'm at the Expert Intermediate Begginer level!!!

Beginner Expert- not looking at my fingers, playing simple basic chords, Majors/Minors/7th's

Beginner Intermediate- Some Dim or Sus chords, some I need to look at my fingers and a chord book, some notes on the fretboard without thinking.

Beginner- any of the 2nd, 3rd down the neck position chords, soloing, some notes on the fretboard I have to think about.

I'm alot better than when I started and am happy with where I am but.......
I'll never be Expert Expert till I can give Jake and Aldrine a run for the money!!!!!

Last edited:
Is very tricky, i only really picked up the uke about six months ago, even though i have had one for about ten years. But I have played guitar for twenty odd years, so things like basic rhythms, strumming patterns ease of fingering were all pretty easy, meaning i could knock out a few songs without any problem immediately, but I still think i am a beginner because i don't know the neck, i don't know different positions for the chords, i barely know the names of the chords I can only just do a split stroke, I still haven't transferred a lot of guitar skills, like slides hammer on and pull off and vibrato onto the instrument. it all takes time, I play every day and I still think i have several years to go to be a good intermediate player.

Top Bottom