video help please

on many of our UU member videos and collabs, there are split screens and such for members to sing perform together or just to spice up their own videos.

Some help with what program you use would be great

Much love

Any good video editor should work with some effort. I use Sony Vegas.

After you have two (or more) good recordings done to the exact same music (headphones or ipod helps) you do a video overlay and calculate the X offset to be half the total video width. This should put one video clip exactly halfway over the other, a.k.a "split screen." You probably will need to offset the underlying video the other direction to help make room. You need to work this out in advance when you shoot so you have some dead space to cut to make room for the overlay.

That's basically it. Some programs are easier than others to do this, my Vegas software was NOT very helpful in figuring this out.

Me, too

I am using Sony Vegas 9. It's not that easy to work out some things, but a quick Google search reveals lots of tutorials. There are also some on YouTube all of which I have found helpful.

I like it because it allows me to play different instruments "at the same time" so to speak.

Good luck :)

Top Bottom