Taylor Guitar Roadshow

Raygf

Reaction score
I just left our local acoustic music shop for the second time today without the new Taylor NS24e. I took my 1997 Taylor 710ce back for the Taylor tech to adjust the action and plugged in the NS24E and NS34ce. They both sound incredible plugged in or unplugged.

Damn, I'm sitting here literally vibrating. Next Sunday is my 50th birthday and I just finished teaching 2, 5 week classes for ukulele and guitar that would cover the cost. Why in the hell didn't I just buy it? Fortunately, the shop owner told me I could still get the 35% off price if I decide to buy. If? Yeah right. More like when. Just needed to post this where others will understand. Thanks for listening.
Regards,
Ray

I think you should go back and get it. In fact, I think you should go for the NS34 CE, b/c in the 300 series is where Taylors REALLY start getting amazing.

But are you getting 35% off MSRP or 35% off street prices. B/c 35% off street price is MASSIVE, and you should push and shove your way to the instrument like right NOW. :p

As for the Taylor Guitar road show, I loved it when it came to Honolulu. I'm going every time they come to town...really helps to open up your GAS.

I think you should go back and get it. In fact, I think you should go for the NS34 CE, b/c in the 300 series is where Taylors REALLY start getting amazing.

But are you getting 35% off MSRP or 35% off street prices. B/c 35% off street price is MASSIVE, and you should push and shove your way to the instrument like right NOW. :p

As for the Taylor Guitar road show, I loved it when it came to Honolulu. I'm going every time they come to town...really helps to open up your GAS.

If it were 35% off street it would not have been there, but the price is a good deal. The 24e was a better bargain than the 34ce and I liked the sound more. I guess I'm just a rosewood/spruce lover, even when the rosewood is laminate.

I'll call Monday and ask them to mark the guitar sold and go pick it up in the afternoon. Then I'm done, unless Taylor starts making archtops or I find a deal on an Eastman that speaks to me when I play it. I need to just stop picking up guitars I don't own.

Pippin:
"Danger Will Robinson" indeed.

I've been playing a Yamaha flamenco acoustic/electric for years and while it's fine around the house or teaching a class, it really isn't very performance worthy. I'm pushing myself to get out there and perform more and I'm posting one or two videos a week. Guitar and ukulele. It's what I'm supposed to be doing.

Regards,
Ray

I returned to the shop on Tuesday afternoon and played both of the Taylors again and while they are both wonderful instruments, neither one said, "take me home please." Now I guess I can keep saving up for a new laptop.
Regards,
Ray

i just got a taylor woot ! it isnt a top notch one but its good for my first actual acoustic lol my only acoustic i ever had was from walmart so the 110 will work just fine for me i just wish it was a full cut away

i just got a taylor woot ! it isnt a top notch one but its good for my first actual acoustic lol my only acoustic i ever had was from walmart so the 110 will work just fine for me i just wish it was a full cut away

Nic I never want to hear you complain about ukes again:) No wonder you don't have a K uke yet. You get taylors.

My friend just gave me an 814-LTD... and I don't even know what to do with it! It was a gift to him that he didn't feel comfortable accepting, so he gave it to me to keep or to sell. I'm completely intimidated by this guitar. Any of you Taylor fans know what I have, what I might sell it for, or whether I should keep it? I must be crazy!

It's a sweet sounding guitar. I still like my friend's Larrivee better... but it has a nice neck with super low action.

Ray....

Let me make you a bit more comfortable. I was at the Taylor Road show in Greenwood, IN in October and walked away with the NS24e, mostly because it was a great deal. I wanted it to sound a lot better than it really did. Unfortunately the 24 series has a piezo pickup rather than the ES system....BIG difference. I was very disappointed. Fortunately I have known and supported the shop owner for more than 20 years and he allowed me full credit on return a week later.

So.... if you go with a Taylor classical... I recommend the 34 series or higher.....

Doug

Ray....

Let me make you a bit more comfortable. I was at the Taylor Road show in Greenwood, IN in October and walked away with the NS24e, mostly because it was a great deal. I wanted it to sound a lot better than it really did. Unfortunately the 24 series has a piezo pickup rather than the ES system....BIG difference. I was very disappointed. Fortunately I have known and supported the shop owner for more than 20 years and he allowed me full credit on return a week later.

So.... if you go with a Taylor classical... I recommend the 34 series or higher.....

Doug

Thanks Doug, I knew about the electronics difference and was okay with that. If I ever go for a Taylor nylon it will probably have to be the 62/64/72/74 series. I enjoyed playing the 24 and 34 series and liked each for different reasons, but neither said, "Tkae me home please!" It's good to have a solid relationship with the local shop owner.
Regards,
Ray

My friend just gave me an 814-LTD... and I don't even know what to do with it! It was a gift to him that he didn't feel comfortable accepting, so he gave it to me to keep or to sell. I'm completely intimidated by this guitar. Any of you Taylor fans know what I have, what I might sell it for, or whether I should keep it? I must be crazy!

It's a sweet sounding guitar. I still like my friend's Larrivee better... but it has a nice neck with super low action.

Hey, you could just give it to me!!! then all your troubles would be over!

Top Bottom