Meeting at FARNHAM, England 13th December

John Colter

It ain't what you've got, it's what you do with it
UU VIP
Reaction score
Come along to The Slug And Lettuce in the centre of Farnham on Sunday, Dec 13th. There will be a crowd of ukers there from 12 noon til whenever. Buffet lunch available at modest cost, plus bar of course. Parking is not a problem.

There have been two previous gatherings there, and there was a small but enthusiastic gang at both, but this one is shaping up to be very well attended.

Can you make it again, Krabbers? It would be good to see you.

John Colter (Ukantor).

This is so unfair!! The first get-together vaguely in my neck of the woods, and I'll be in Cardiff working!!! *sigh*

Never mind - have fun guys - hopefully I'll be able to make the next one... :D

hi john

I WILL BE THERE!!!!

great fun last time , i recommend any ukers in the area to come down, nice pub nice people,

see you there

That's great, Krabbers. I look forward to seeing you again!

John.

Ukantor are you happy for me to post this get together over in UK.lele as well?
It would be good to get a calendar for any UK meets up and running over there.

John

Sorry John, just seen your question. I've spoken to Clare, the organiser, and she will be delighted for us to "spread the word" on UU. She is trying to gauge how many are likely to turn up, just so her brother (the manager of the pub) can provide enough food for the buffet (£5 a head). I've told her there might be up to half a dozen UUers. If it looks like there might be substantially more, could you let me know, please?

Cheers,

John Colter.

I'll be there with the Mrs along with a couple of her mates and a couple of others

Hey, this is great! It's looking like there will be about 40 people there, and around ten of them will be UUers.

Bring it on!

John Colter.

Hey, this is great! It's looking like there will be about 40 people there, and around ten of them will be UUers.

Bring it on!

John Colter.

But do we all have to leave our Skateboards ( whatever they are ) outside or can we bring them in with us!!!:)

You must wear a bandana and carry a skateboard, so the Ukulele Cosmos bunch know you are a UUer.

I'll be wearing a black leather biker cap - and carrying a strangely shaped uke.

See Ya!

JC.

Yeah! It's looking like being quite a memorable "do". Clare is expecting upwards of 40 people. One woman is coming from Holland, and a couple have booked flights from Switzerland! There will be quite a few from "the Smoke", and the surrounding area, and from various other parts of the UK.

Clare is baking some of her famous cakes especially for the occasion.

You wouldn't want to miss out on Clare's cake!

Be there if you possibly can. If you see an old geezer wearing a black leather biker cap, say "Hi" - that'll be me.

John Colter.

Im totally gutted, first get together that is close enough for me and I'm on my sick bed, have a good time and maybe I'll make it next time.

Good to hear from you Leroy. In fact this will be the third uke gathering at the Slug & Lettuce in Farnham. I am sure there will be others in the months ahead, and when you can manage to get to one, I look forward to meeting you.

Meanwhile, concentrate on your recovery, and keep flexing those fingers!

We'll be thinking of you,

John.

Can't believe this, I was so looking forward to this and now I have full blown man flu, I'll be thinking of everyone having a good time whilst I am in bed sneezing and coughing.
Enjoy the day!

It went extremely well. About thirty ukers turned up, but alas, the only two from the Underground were Krabbers and me.

It was good to see you again Krabbers, wish I could have stayed a little longer.

John Colter.

thanks to claire

had a great time at the slug and lettuce ,it was great to meet everyone

thanks to claire for doing all the arranging
and thanks for the tip off on here john , it was great to see you again ,loved that uke with the weird headstock

cheers

I just made it, albeit with only about 30 minutes left to go! Sorry I just missed you John, nice to meet you krabbers and unluckymum. Paul from Southern Ukulele Store who posts on here as luapelele was also there, though I didn't get a chance to talk to him.
So I make that 5 Ukulele Underground members in attendance.

Top Bottom