Tangi's 'Ukulele's on Sale

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Last edited:
Ship to the mainland?

Does anybody know if he will ship to the mailand? I sent him an email, but just thought I should check here to see if I am waisting my time. I would really like to pick up one of his Koa or Mango 6-stringers. Thanks.

I'll say it again, the Tangi that I had the opportunity to play just blew me away.

Tangi gold

I bought 2 in the past 3 months. Both shipped to Pottstown, PA.
Both awesome.
Tangi is a great guy!
db

I believe he's still in the hospital, and he's a one man show don't expect a reply too soon. One of his listings did mention he would ship. I'm hoping he'll be able to move inventory to help defray expected medical cost culminating from his recent injuries.

I've been circling around the Kala Acacia ukuleles, and these Tangis have really thrown a wrench in and I am nearing my capacity for obsession. Has anyone gotten a definite yeah or nay on shipping off island? Anyone else in NYC thinking about buying? Maybe we could put the shipping together on a few pieces and make it worth his while.

I will admit it does feel a little like kicking a man while he is down, and hope that things turn around for him This has been a terrible year for any of us who have a small business, and I feel for him.

Any first hand feelings on these ukes from people who've played similar?

Im thinking abut calling him, but whats the ext code for his number (sorry im a mainland noob) ?

I have a Mohagany Concert and I love it. Great Uke with a unique sound.

Im thinking abut calling him, but whats the ext code for his number (sorry im a mainland noob) ?

Ahnko made a note in another thread to email Tangi - his jaw is wired shut, so he can't talk...don't have the email address here, but if you go to the Uke Talk forum and look for a thread that's called "Helping Tangi" or something like that Ahnko put the addy there. Sorry I'm being lazy...it's late. Need to go to bed!

Oh... I wish I had some spare cash... these are awesome ukuleles at really good prices!! *whine*

I hope Tangi will recover soon and that this sale will really help him.

Last edited:
I'll buy that 8 string mango if someone local can do the leg work and ship it to me on the mainland.

I want to make it easy on Tangi and not have him worry about anything.

PM me if you are on the island and can help out.

i wish i had that 8 string more than anything in the world ever....sadly i hardly have enough money to eat...oh how great it is to be a college student.

Hey Gang,
I texted with Tangi today. Actually, I called his phone and maybe expected to talk to his wife or someone else, but guess who answered????? Tangi himself. A little hard to understand but by the tone of the voice I could just about understand him enough to tell him I would text. Anyway, if anyone can help, please donate for a worthy cause. Tangi has 2 accounts set up.

1) Bank of Hawaii under "Friends of Tangi" or

2) Paypal : tangi.tully@gmail.com

For those just reading this and wondering why the need for donations, Tangi was brutally assaulted after taking back his bicycle from criminals that had stolen it. While walking away, about 8 males mobbed Tangi. He suffered a fractured jaw in 2 places, his orbital socket was also fractured and has a nice gash on the top of his head, but luckily enough, his skull is intact. Tangi has had a rough year. With the terrible economy, the passing of his father earlier this year and now this. Life has not cut this guy a break. The latest blow was that Tangi's medical insurance was canceled because he could not keep up with the $900+ premium per month. Sales are slow.

On my part....Tangi doesn't know this.....but a while back, I had him make a custom 6-string Koa tenor for me. I plan to put this one up for sale and give him the money made from it. I hope to get at least $700 for this uke. It is one of a kind and a very beautiful uke. I am working to get this uke up and posted sometime this weekend. Aloha, Dino

Last edited:
Tangi's 6 string tenor

I've never even held, much less played a 6-string, but I would seriously consider buying it to get cash to Tangi as soon as possible. He and his family need a lot of help...
I've asked Tangi to sell me one of the Koa concert...

On my part....Tangi doesn't know this.....but a while back, I had him make a custom 6-string Koa tenor for me. I plan to put this one up for sale and give him the money made from it. I hope to get at least $700 for this uke. It is one of a kind and a very beautiful uke. I am working to get this uke up and posted sometime this weekend. Aloha, Dino

this is one of the finest....FINEST ukes ive held, played, and seen. whoever buy this uke is doing Tangi a HUGE favor.

i will try to donate to Tangi as soon as i get out of my financial debt.

Top Bottom