Put "special" tenor set on my Baritone

iDavid

Reaction score
I put on an Aquila high-g set on my Pono Baritone today.

So far, not so great. The higher pitch is kind of cool, but I am not digging the high-g. It messing with my finger picking big time and when I play minor chords, they are still Happy(ish)

So, I was wondering if there are any low-g sets out there for Baritones.

I was also looking at Worth set with NO wound strings, but I can't tell if it has a low-d in the set. I assume that there are not any high-d baritone sets, but I've made assumptions before and been wrong...

dasvid

Give musicguymic a call. If they have 'em he sells 'em. He may have some wisdom and experience with just what you're talking about. And he ships for far less than anyone else.

Just rearrange the strings from thickest to thinnest so
D is the thickest string followed by
G thicker than B,
B thicker than E.

Ain't no magic :)

This works on any set and on any size uke.

I have Martin Fluorocarbons on a concert rearranged to give me a low g

Last edited:
I bought a single D'addario J4804 for the same reason to turn the baritone set into low g. The J4804 is out of production but I hear the J4704 will work.

I just got a set of Aguilas from MGM for my baritone, he sells a baritone set for high G and a single low G string in addition, and I thing the entire cost with shipping was about $10. I haven't had a chance to put them on and try them out yet, but I'm hoping they will help the pitiful sound of my Hilo!

Top Bottom