Martin SO serial numbers HELP

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
Does anyone have info on Martin SO serial numbers. I tried the Martin website but would would not give me any info. They told me they do not know how many are made each year. Anyway, I've been wondering what year my SO was built. My serial number is in the low 6000's, I bought it used.
Has anyone bought one new that would know the year and the serial number?

Id like to know too. I had a Martin and called them. The guy I talked to said the numbers cant be dated. I thought that was odd. Why put the number on if it cant be dated?
I will be curious to hear if anyone knows.
Dan

I e-mailed Martin and they told me they have no idea how many SO's are produced each year. Strange. They told me they had no idea what serial numbers were used each year. Strange answers for a big company, They have no idea how many are produced each year?? Are Martin SO ukes really Martins ?? Duh?

I think my Martin SO is in the 10,000 range. Got it for xmas 2007.
Cheers,
Skottoman

Come on, can't anyone else help with this? If you bought your Martin SO new can you give us the year and the serial number?? With enough help maybe this can be figured out.

Martin serial numbers

Could be that Martin doesn't keep production records on their "Made in Mexico" products as they do on the instruments made in Nazareth, Pa.

Jude

Come on, can't anyone else help with this? If you bought your Martin SO new can you give us the year and the serial number?? With enough help maybe this can be figured out.

I'm afraid that Martin SO's are not as popular around here as they might otherwise be, so you might have to post your question on other boards as well in order to get very many responses.

And yes, I'm betting that the factory in Mexico either doesn't have the detailed production records as Martin in Pennsylvania, or they don't turn them over.

Top Bottom